𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍

The Suspense

For nearly a week, I went to great lengths to prevent Pansy from discovering Draco's proposal plans. We spent our days in Hogsmeade, shopping together, enjoying lunch and getting our hair and nails done. We even teamed up with Fred and George to pull off some pranks on a few unsuspecting professors. Pansy has always had a keen sense for detecting anything out of the ordinary, and given the amount of secrecy surrounding us all week, I was worried that she might become suspicious. Though, miraculously, she never once seemed to sense anything amiss, not even a hint of suspicion. Her indifference to the events taking place around her made me feel a little uneasy and left me with a gnawing feeling that something was off.

I was surprised to see Fred and George make amends with Pansy, especially after all the harm Mattheo had caused them. It seemed like they had come to the realisation that Pansy was not entirely to blame for Mattheo's past behaviour and was just caught up in it. Pansy tried to ask Mattheo to apologise to them, but we all knew he was too stubborn to do so. He replied with an enigmatic statement that revealed his lack of remorse, saying, "I'm a Riddle, we do not apologise for the causes of other people's actions and behaviour." It was no surprise to any of us that Mattheo remained unapologetic.

The morning after the Slytherin party, I woke up feeling miserable and regretful. My head was pounding, and my stomach was churning with nausea while my mind was clouded with anxiety. I was lying in bed, trying to shake off the hangover, but the more I tried, the worse I felt. Mattheo came to see me that morning, looking apologetic and concerned. We talked for a while, and the topic of us becoming parents at such a young age was inevitably brought up, something I wasn't ready for yet. But, as we talked through it, I realised it wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened. I reminded myself that I had already been through worse when I was cursed, so I knew I could handle whatever came my way. But still, I wanted everything to be perfect. To finish school, to live together, to get engaged, to get married, and finally, to have children. The thought of having kids so soon was overwhelming, and I never imagined that it could become a reality so quickly.

During the week leading up to the proposal, Mattheo was busy following Draco's instructions. So, unfortunately, I hardly had the chance to spend time with him. Although I was not too bothered by this, as I had my hands full with Pansy, keeping her engaged in various activities, even with the thought of possibly being pregnant weighing on my mind, I found it helpful to keep myself occupied.

The day before the proposal.

After having a long, hot shower, I got dressed and prepared for the day ahead. As I walked towards the common room, I noticed the boys conversing amongst themselves, but as soon as I entered their field of vision, their loud, chattering voices abruptly stopped. Every pair of eyes slowly turned towards me, and I could sense the atmosphere becoming increasingly tense.

As I walked into the room, Draco greeted me with a chuckle. "We're just making sure you weren't with Pansy," he said. "She's at her parents for a few hours. Of all people, I thought you would've known." I replied.
Mattheo, who was sitting on the couch, turned to me. "So what's your plans then?" he asked.
I smiled and made my way over to him, slouching onto his lap and wrapping my arms around his neck. "No plans for me today," I said. "But I was hoping you'd like to spend time with me. That's if you aren't busy, of course."

"I'm sorry, princess. I have plans today," he says with a pout before kissing my forehead gently.
Feeling disappointed, I let out a deep sigh.
"I had made plans with him, but it's okay. He can go and spend time with his girlfriend," Draco chuckles, putting his hands into his trouser pockets.