Chapter 42

Minji's POV
I was woken by the overwhelming feeling of water surrounding me, I was quickly lifted up by the back of my neck, and I felt the cold air rush against my face, however almost immediately after, I was forced under the water once again.

The panic took over me at that point, and I desperately tried fighting, to some success, however it was soon met by another painful punch to the stomach and the force of my back smashing against the door as I was forced to the ground.

I was then grabbed roughly, my arms now trapped together and what felt like a rope tightened around my neck

"I knew they'd fail." A familiar voice spoke, I tried following the sound "he was dumb to even suggest the use of some street crooks." He added, the sound became clearer, suggesting I was in the right direction or at least close. However the more I turned my body, the tighter the thing on my neck felt.

"She seems awake sir." Another familiar voice spoke up, much closer this time.

"Yeah?" He asked for clarification

"Want to see the bruises to prove it or are you done playing around?" The second voice responded

"Let's grace her with some common decency then." He said with a sigh "Take it off." He demanded

The rope loosened and I released a deep breath I didn't even know that I needed, and as soon the bag was raised from my head, a slight breeze greeted me. A breeze I was so thankful for.

However it was hard to determine whether or not I preferred it under the sack.

What greeted me was Hoseok, standing centred joined by 5 other men surrounding him and obviously the man that was behind me, as well as the collapsed figures, fastened up more securely than I could've managed the moments prior.

My hair was soaked and my back was now in quite a bit of pain, I quickly grew cold and overwhelmed by the numerous pains I felt at once.

"What the fuck are you playing at?" I tried to sound strong, but the words came out as pained croaks.

He smirked at my weakened state "I warned you. You're a joke. A pair of traitors' daughter, shows just how little you knew about your so called parents." He scoffed

I just glared at the man

"How does it feel..." he chuckled "to have played so cluelessly into Heechul's claws? As a pawn for the very people you swore to kill." He smiled

"What the fuck do you mean?" I asked

He looked at me in shock and uncertainty "you know." He shrugged

"Go on, tell it to me straight." I demanded

"Where's the envelope?" He suddenly bursted out

"The envelope?" I asked "the one Chief Lee gave me!?" I asked

"Are you playing stupid right now? What are you doing?" He said, half urgent, half demanding

"What's in that envelope?" I asked

"You haven't...opened... it?" He stuttered, suddenly it all clicked, and I had no more excuses to try and justify everything, deep down I knew, I moreso hoped Y/N was wrong. I looked at the ground, embarrassed and ashamed.

If I hadn't tried so hard to justify Heechul's strange behaviours, I probably would've come to terms with it much sooner.

But I didn't want to admit that. Would anyone want to admit that they were a fool? Especially when they were more than smart enough to know that.... they were being manipulated for 8 years?