☆ Chapter 4 - I need a favor, Kioku ☆

After a restless night's sleep, you were abruptly awakened by a persistent knock on your door. Letting out a tired "Yare yare daze" and rubbing your eyes, you opened the door to find Mr. Joestar standing outside."Mr. Joestar, what do you need? It's the ass crack of dawn," you grumbled. 

 "I need a favor, Kioku," he responded, wearing an earnest expression. 

 "Okay, what is it?" 

 "I need you to accompany Jotaro to school."

 The unexpected request caught you off guard, and you hesitated before asking, "Why?"

 "Since we're all congregated here now, there's a chance one of DIO's men could've been sent here to watch what we do. He still doesn't fully understand his Stand, and I don't want him to be alone and get attacked." 

 Reluctantly agreeing, you sighed and nodded.

 "Thank you, Kioku!" Mr. Joestar exclaimed, flashing you an enthusiastic thumbs-up before departing. 

Suppressing any visible emotion, you huffed and proceeded to get dressed for the day, putting on your cloak, pulling up the hood over your head, and snood over your nose.

After selecting a book from the Kujo's extensive library, you made your way to the dining area.

Avdol and Mr. Joestar were already having breakfast when you silently entered.

"Good morning, Kioku," Avdol greeted as you took a seat beside him.

 Acknowledging his greeting with a nod, you observed Mrs. Holly entering with tea and coffee, her cheerful demeanor in stark contrast to your own.

"Kioku, you're here!" she exclaimed, handing you a cup of tea with a bright smile. 

 You gave another subtle nod, prompting a giggle from her before she left the room again.

Jotaro joined the breakfast table shortly after, seemingly indifferent to everyone around and sitting across from you. 

Mr. Joestar cleared his throat, drawing attention to the reason for your early morning task. "Jotaro, Kioku is accompanying you to school today." 

 A hint of surprise flickered across Jotaro's face, but he masked it with his usual discontented demeanor. "Why?" 

Before Mr. Joestar could respond, you interjected, "You still don't know what your Stand can really do, and knowing DIO, he probably is sending lackeys to stop us before our trip even starts. The reason I have to go is that I'm your age; if Avdol or Mr. Joestar went, they'd probably look like creeps." 

He glanced between you and his grandfather, ultimately conceding with a simple, "Alright, just be ready to go soon." 

 "I'm already ready," you replied, standing up. "I'll be outside." you say while walking out the room.

Pulling out a cigarette, you lit it and sighed, taking in the first inhale of the stick. 

Footsteps approached behind you, and you turned to find Jotaro."Ready to go?" he asked. 

"Mhm."The two of you walked in almost total silence before you decided to break it.  "Just in case there is a Stand user at the school, I have a plan." 

This piqued his interest, and he gestured for you to continue."I'll be a distraction; you'll go in to take major blows. From what I gathered when your Stand fought mine in prison and from what you said then too, strength and precision are your strong suits, just like me. If I use myself as a decoy to distract the enemy, you can land blows while they're dealing with me."