Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

‘No, I’m not wearing it.’ I joked at him.

He gave me cautious smile.

‘I—I just thought that it’s the best occasion to wear this.’ I said as I wriggled the charm bracelet on my wrist.

He still gave me that smile. I sighed and I shook my head at him.

‘Please stop that.’

‘Stop what?’ he asked and even though I don’t want to look at him, from my peripheral vision I know that he’s grinning now.

Everything. I want him to stop whatever that is that he’s doing to me because I get really crazy more about him.

Before I could say anything the emcees spoke and I guess this end my fairytale dream.

‘Psyche,’ he held my hand before I leave.

Then something unexpected happened.

He held a lavender rose out. I don’t know where it came from but he was holding it. He handed it to me and I was dumb speechless. I guess this is not yet the end.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

People say what’s the point in liking someone who doesn't like you back? They are right, there isn't a point. But you can't help who you like; it's not up to you. Your heart kinda just decides for you and there is no turning back once your heart makes up its mind.

But still, I wanna be the girl that he talks to his friends about, I wanna be the girl that always comes first, I wanna be the girl he never wants to leave alone, I wanna be the girl who's hand he's holding, I wanna be the girl he looks at and smiles and then says to his friends, "That's her, she's the one."

‘Psyche—‘ Phoebe sighed as she saw me still holding that single lavender rose that Cupid had given me last night after three hours.

‘Honestly, Psyche how many hours have you slept?’ she asked.

‘I don’t know…’ I giggled and I smelled the rose again and again. Sorry but I wasn’t over from last night’s events. ‘But does it matter?’

Phoebe sighed heavily and loudly this time. ‘I found this the other day.’ She raised a pink floral with polka dots designed, hard-bound notebook. Seeing it gave me Goosebumps and I run towards her and I grabbed it from her hand.

‘Did you read it?’ I hugged my diary tightly, close to my chest.

She pouted her lips and she gave me a sarcastic look.

‘Oh dear God…’ I covered my face with it and I screamed.

‘It was dreadful.’ She said and I screamed again in embarrassment. I could feel that I’m already red as a tomato. ‘But it was sick!’

‘Huh?’ I grimaced at her.

‘Well, sis, if you really want to forget someone you really have to mean it like you mean it!’ she wrinkled her nose as she walked up towards me. ‘Not that when he gives you something then you go on drooling and rolling on the floor! Gosh you’re so dead.’ She motioned to the rose on my bed and I grab hold of it again.

‘FYI, sis, I may drool but I don’t roll on the floor! That’s way too much and dreaming is for free!’ I defended myself.

‘I was just giving you a piece of advice, sis.’ She said as she moved close to me and she gave me a hug. ‘It’s hard to love someone who doesn’t know what you feel. You will only cry and I don’t want that to happen to you again.’