CATEGORY ONE: SHORT STORY

This contest aims to help you show off your storytelling talent in the language you are most comfortable with. Write your heart out and treat us to phenomenal Valentine's tales!

Prompt:

Write a short story that explores what it means to love someone(or something) despite distances, time, and/or differences. Whether it be a love that transcends physical borders, language barriers, cultural differences, or time itself, we want to hear your stories of love that knows no bounds. Show through your story the true meaning of "Love Across Borders".

The rules for the contest are as follows:

♡ Your story must have a maximum of 8000 words.

♡ Your story must be written in one of the following languages: English, Thai, Turkish, Indonesian. 

♡ It should be a story that you've specifically written for this contest.

♡ Your story must be a one-shot (no chapters) and be published as a standalone.

♡ Your story must correlate with the prompt given above.

♡ Your story must follow the Content Guidelines outlined by Wattpad.

We do not accept mature-rated content this year.

♡ We accept stories that are diverse and inclusive, including LGBTQIA+ characters.

♡ Fanfiction is accepted.

♡ Your story must carry the tag #SaintVals2024. Add this to the tags section from your story editing page, so everyone can find it.

♡ You must submit your story using the following FORM. Please, feel free to share the link to your story in the comments as well, but keep in mind the form is the official means of entry.

We will be assessing stories on spelling and grammar, narrative voice, relation to the prompt, and overall creative execution. Follow your heart and give us a great story, and most importantly: have fun!

Schedule and Prizes

The contest will begin on the 1st of February, 2024, and will run through the entire month. The deadline for entries is 28th February, 2024, 23:59 PM EST. Any entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.

Winners will be declared by the third week of March. 

♡ Winners will be added to a grand anthology that will be published on the  profile

♡ Winners will receive shoutouts from every participating profile!

♡ Winners will also receive special stickers/banners to flaunt their wins.

So, what are you waiting for? Let's start this month of love by showing off a fresh batch of tales on Wattpad, spread across multiple languages and through multiple layers of love!