Chapter 11: The ''Test''

(After finding out about the Chunnin Exams, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke went into separate ways. Meanwhile, Kakashi, Kurenai and Asuma decided to enroll their respective teams in the Chunnin Exams. Noticing that, Iruka protests against their decision, but Kakashi maintains his decision, telling him that they are no longer his students.)

(Meanwhile, a certain trio of veteran ninjas, also known as Team 9 has heard about the three rookie groups enrolling at the Chunnin Exams.)

Rock Lee: I heard three belong to Kakashi's team.

Tenten: Not eight.

(Neji simply chuckles.)

(Some hours later, Naruto is seen with Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon.)

Konohamaru: I got really impressed. You saved your teammate from those bozos and were ready to fight them on your own.

Naruto: (monotone) They got lucky their "leader" came into picture. I'll get them next time.

(Suddenly a random ninja is watching them, but Naruto senses his presence.)

Naruto: We've got company.

(The random ninja is about to attack, but Naruto quickly blows a wind from his fist at him, making him crash into the trees.)

Moegi: (excited) THIS IS AWESOME!

(Naruto charges at the random ninja, but stops once he senses a presence behind other trees. He uses the same technique from earlier, blowing the random ninja away.)

Naruto: So he was trying to use the "Substitution Jutsu" against me, eh? It could have been a smart trick if he just got as far as possible after that.

(Unbeknownst to him, the random ninja was actually Iruka, who was testing each of Kakashi's students. Next, he tested Sakura with some kind of genjutsu, but Sakura saw through it. And last, but not least, Sasuke kicked the "random ninja" down.)

Sasuke: Get away from our village!

(At nighttime, Iruka has a conversation with Kakashi as he reverts his transformation and realizes that Team 7 was actually ready for the Chunnin Exams.)

(Next day, two ninjas were kicking down Team 9, but then Naruto stands in front of them with a monotone expression. They try to punch him, but he isn't fazed.)

Naruto: That's it? Let me show you a punch!

(Naruto punches the two ninjas, and everyone gets impressed by that.)

Naruto: Well, that takes care of the problem.

(Then Tenten decides to talk with Naruto.)

Tenten: Hey you.

Naruto: Me?

Tenten: Yes, you. What's your name? I'm interested.

Naruto: Well, my name is Naruto Uzumaki. Don't you forget it.

Tenten: (giggles) Don't worry. I won't.

(Neji smirks at Naruto.)

Neji: Naruto, huh? I really don't know how you can do this. But I must warn you that you won't defeat me!

Naruto: (crosses his arm) Well, I guess we'll see about that.

(The two ninjas who are hiding from behind revert their transformation, reveal themselves as two jonins who were testing them as they know the Chunnin Exams will be fun this year... probably for both of them.)

(As Naruto and Neji exchange glances, Sakura hugs Naruto's arm)

Sakura: Come on, Naruto. We gotta go.

Naruto: Oh, right. (to Tenten and Neji) It was nice to meet you, I guess.

(The Naruto and Sakura walk away with Sasuke following them, but Rock Lee decides to secretly follow them.)

Tenten: Gee! I guess Lee is gonna get in a big trouble.

(Neji simply nods as the screen fades out.)