-Chapter 10-

Nitya only ever had one dream- to make a name for herself

Nitya only ever had one dream- to make a name for herself. Enchanting Weddings gave her the chance. She had put her heart and soul into the business hoping it would succeed and it did succeed. Then the corporate giant ruined her dream. Failure had been a bitter pill to swallow, but Nitya made peace with the fact that she could not survive against the sharks. The only practical option for her was to step out before she drowned completely. But nothing prepared her for the sudden inflow of clients. 

Her secretary called early in the morning and told her they had been booked out for the season. She sounded as shocked as Nitya.  She had stopped spending on promotions when she realized that the promotions were doing nothing for her business. They had not been able to get an event in months, but suddenly they were overbooked. Nothing made sense to her.

She was more shocked when she realized that one of the clients who had requested an appointment with them, was Abhishek Birla—the construction tycoon. The guy was way out of her league. People like that did not come to startups like hers. He could have the country's best, something was just not right. Abhishek requested a meeting with her that morning.

She knew if he got his contract, her business would get the boost it had needed for years. At any other time she would have jumped in joy, but that day she could not. Mittali was unwell. She did not have the heart to leave her behind and chase her dreams. She was instructing her secretary to cancel the appointment when Manny rushed into the kitchen and hugged her from behind.

She turned around surprised. She had not seen the boy so enthusiastic before.

"Bhook large hai bhabhi" Manny told her with a smile, "Sandwiches?"

"Ready hai" Nitya pointed towards the breakfast table. Manny reached a hand to grab them, but she swatted it away, "Pehle muh haat dhole, abhi aya na bahar se?"

Manny made a face but she glared him down till he complied. he made a grand gesture of washing his hands at the kitchen sink and turned to face her.

"Now can I eat??"

Nitya nodded her head. The spark in his eyes was unmistakable. The boy who had walked out had clouds hanging around his head, the one standing in front of her was like a fresh ray of sunshine.

"You look happy?" Nitya commented carefully. Whatever Mahir did to get the happiness back on the boy's face was commendable. The smile suited Manny.

Manny settled on the gas table and grabbed his sandwich. The kitchen had always been his favorite place. It brought back happy memories. He remembered a time when they would all gather around their mother and tell her about their day. No matter how tired their mother was, she always took out time in the evenings to sit with them and ask them about their day.

That changed after his big-b walked out. For a second his smile dimmed but he did not let it damper his mood. What his big-b had done deserved nothing but respect. His mother had always told him that doing the right thing was never easy. He had never understood that, till his big-b made the right choice.