-Chapter 7-

Mitali Khurana was the thread that bound the Khurana brothers together

Mitali Khurana was the thread that bound the Khurana brothers together. The very thought of losing her terrified the brothers. They felt lost and shattered. Three hours had gone by, but they did not get any update on their mother's condition. They were desperately praying for her recovery.

Nitya came back with coffee for everyone. She knew they would need it. They had been waiting there for hours. Manny had not eaten anything since the morning; she was worried for him. When she reached the waiting lounge, she did not find Manny. Mahir and Maan were seated there silently, looking lost, but Manny was nowhere to be found. Nitya handed Mahir the coffee and made her way to her husband.

"Manny kaha hai, Maan?" Nitya handed him the coffee. Maan stared at her blankly.

"Manny kaha hai? Kuch der pehle yahin tha na?"

Maan looked around. He had not seen him go. He had been too preoccupied. Nitya did not pester him further. She could understand his emotional state. The child he raised was hurt, the mother he worshipped was in critical condition, the brother who had betrayed him was now a stranger to him; anyone in his condition would need time to make peace with what was happening. She waited for Manny to come back. She knew Mahir and Maan would handle themselves, but the boy was too young to deal with everything.

She waited, but Manny did not come back. After waiting for fifteen minutes, she went to check on him. She could not find him anywhere. She tried calling him, but he was not taking the call. She did not know that he had left his phone at home. She rushed back to the waiting lounge, hoping he had gone back. When she did not find him there, she panicked.

"Manny kyun nahi dekh raha Maan, mere call bhi nahi le raha woh."

Maan looked up startled. Mahir rose. He had seen Manny walk out a few minutes ago; he was too preoccupied with his thoughts to realize that he had been missing for 30 minutes.

"Woh kuch der pehle hi gaya tha bhabhi....."

"Kyun nahi hai woh Mahir." She turned back to her husband, "Please find him, Maan. Bacha hai woh abhi. Use jo bhi kaha, jo bhi kiya..... he is been hurting a lot, Maan." She held Maan's hand and pleaded, "Please just find him."

She did not have to plead. Maan was not upset with Manav's behavior; he was upset at himself for not being able to handle his own insecurities. He rushed out to look for Manav. Mahir rushed behind him. He hoped they would find Manny; after what happened, they were not ready for more turmoil.

The brothers combed the hospital, but he was nowhere to be found. There was no use calling him as he had left the phone at home. Maan ran his fingers through his unruly mop, frustrated. His heart was racing. He felt guilty for leaving Manny alone when the boy had already been suffering so much.

Mahir rushed down from the first floor. He had scanned every inch, but Manny was nowhere to be found. He looked at his bhaiya hopefully; Maan shook his head. Mahir ran his hands through his disheveled hair. He was panicking. He should not have left Manny alone.