-Chapter 20-

The next day morning Mahir came back from his morning jog and rushed into his room to take a shower

The next day morning Mahir came back from his morning jog and rushed into his room to take a shower. It was a hot day. He was drenched in sweat. He wanted to take a quick shower and rushed into the washroom.

Adhira gasped as the washroom door opened without warning. She had forgotten to close the door. Mahir saw her taking a shower and frooze in his place. For a moment their eyes met. Both were embarrassed. Mahir was the first to recover and averted his gaze immediately.

"Sorry" He blurted out and rushed out of the washroom, closing the door behind him. His heart was pounding in his chest. They had been married for 19 months, but never once did they look at each other as husband and wife. When it had been only them, it was easy for Mahir to keep his feelings in check. Back home, when he was surrounded by people he loved, he was losing the battle with his self-control.

He wanted what any husband would want from his wife. A companionship that went beyond friendship. He knew Adhira was not ready. He schooled his unruly heart and walked out of the room. He would give Adhira as much time as he needed; he just hoped his wife would give him a chance.

Inside Adira was waging a war of her own. She had seen the shimmering desire in her husband's eyes and that scared her more than anything in the world. She was an emotionally broken woman. She was not capable of offering Mahir the love that only a wife could give. Mahir had never shown any interest in her, but for the first time she saw much more than friendship in her husband's eyes. If she had seen the same love two years ago, she would have celebrated in joy. Now she was just scared. If she had to leave, she would have to do it sooner, it was not fair to keep Mahir hanging.

She finished the shower quickly and walked out of the room. She could not find Mahir anywhere. She was going back to her room when she heard the commotion outside. Maany rushed inside looking excited. The moment he saw her he beelined for her.

"Bhabs cahlo"

"Kya ho gaya, Manny?"

"Big-B has been nominated for the Young Achievers Award, bhabs, the list was just out in the morning. Everyone is saying Big-B will win the award. All major news channels are at the gate. That is why we have so much commotion. Everyone wants big-b's interview."

Ira nodded her head. Mahir's fame was not new for her. Even in New York the fans flocked to their mansion gates. Mahi could not go out anywhere without the paparazzi haunting him. That was the reason why he had taken another home for them in California. He hated it when the cameras were trained on Pari. To protect her from the unwanted attention, he kept them at a distance. It was not easy for Mahir to travel to and fro between California and New York every weekend, but he did it any way.

"Chalo na. I ma sure they would all want to meet the Rockstar's lovey wife."

Ira stopped him. Mahir never introduced her to anyone. They had married to provide for Pari. She could not impose, but Manny refused to listen. He dragged her outside, where the media was already gathered. Mahir was addressing them already.