FIVE

A couple hours later, Hopper left and Mike came over.

''It's like I feel what the Shadow Monster's feeling. See what he's seeing.'' Will explained.

''Like in the Upside Down?'' Mike asked.

''Some of him is there. But some of him is here too.'' Will said.

''Here in this house?'' Mike asked.

''In this house and,'' Will paused as he began to tremble. ''In me. It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel.''

''And the more you see these now memories.'' Mike added.

''At first I just felt it at the back of my head,'' Will said. ''I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now I remember.''

''Maybe that's good.'' Mike spoke softly.

''Good?'' Will asked.

''Just think about it Will. You're like a spy now. A super spy,'' Mike explained. ''Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling, maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason.''

''What if he figures out we're spying on him?'' Will asked with worry. ''What if he spies back?''

''I'll kill him.'' Tara said with no hesitation.

The next morning, Will woke up with a start. He gasped for air.

Mike shot up, concerned for his best friend.

''Will, what's wrong?'' He asked.

The dynamic trio went up to Joyce, who was surrounded by drawings.

''Mom,'' Will began. ''I saw him.''

''Saw who, baby?'' Joyce asked.

''Hopper. I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die.'' Will revealed.

Joyce's eyes widened.

''I think I wanna go to Dustin's.'' Tara decided.

''You sure, honey?'' Joyce asked.

Tara nodded.

''Be careful.'' Joyce said as Tara headed out the door.

Tara went over to Dustin's house just as his mom left.

She had tears in her eyes but was faintly smiling.

''Oh, you've come to see Dustin?'' She asked.

''Yes.'' Tara replied.

''Come in.'' She said before trailing away.

Tara hummed to herself as she entered Dustin's house.

Dustin was wearing an unusual outfit, Tara couldn't even BEGIN to describe.

''Tara?'' Dustin asked with confusion. ''Why're you here?''

''I wanted to see y-'' Tara paused as she noticed the meat on his carpet.

''We have to run, okay? Dart's grown again.'' Dustin explained quickly as he slowly slid open his bedroom door.

He grabbed Tara's wrist and pulled her along as he ran through his house.

''Oh my god, oh my god,'' Dustin repeated nervously as they ran outside. ''Shit shit.''

He pulled the both of them into his shed and quickly closed the door.