ONE

Tara rested her head against Will's shoulder as Joyce drove them to the arcade.

After all the events that had occurred last year, Joyce took Twelve in as her own.

The car slowly halted to a stop as Tara lifted her head from her brother's shoulder.

''Okay so, I'll pick you both up in two hours. That's 9:00 on the dot, okay?'' Joyce told them as Will helped Tara with her seat belt.

''Yes.''

''Okay.''

''If anything happens, if you need to come home, just ask them to use their phone and call home. Okay?'' Joyce told them. ''Don't-''

''Don't walk or bike home. I know.'' Will cut her off while opening the car door.

''Okay but guys-'' Joyce started with a concerned expression.

''Mom, we have to go!'' Will exclaimed impatiently. 

''Have fun.'' She responded with a smile.

Will stepped out of the car as did Tara.

They jogged up to their friends.

''To slay the dragon, use the magic sword,'' The game character instructed.

''Oh Jesus, I'm in uncharted territory here guys!'' Dustin exclaimed dramatically.

''Down!'' They all yelled.

''I'm going, I'm going!'' Dustin yelled back while pulling down a lever. 

It wasn't long before his character turned into ashes and fell dead.

''No, no no! I hate this overpriced bullshit!'' Dustin exclaimed full of frustration. ''Son of a bitch! Piece of shit!''

If she was being honest, Tara could care less about the Arcade. She only wanted to hang out with her friends.

''You're not nimble enough,'' Lucas told Dustin with a smirk. ''But you'll get there one day. But until then, Princess Daphne is still mine!''

''Whatever. I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug.'' Dustin responded.

''You sure about that?'' A voice said from behind them.

They all turned around to find Keith.

''Sure about what?'' Dustin asked.

Dustin's smile dropped.

''You're kidding me.'' He murmured as he raced over to Dig Dug's game machine.

They all rushed after him.

''No!'' Dustin yelled out of frustration as his eyes ran down the scoreboard.

Somebody named MadMax had a higher score than him.

Tara squinted her eyes, trying to read the numbers.

''751,300 points!'' Will exclaimed, his eyes enlarging.

''That's impossible.'' Mike said.

''Who is Mad Max?'' Dustin asked Keith.

''Better than you.'' Keith replied, watching in amusement as Dustin flipped him his middle finger.

''Is it you?'' Will asked.

''You know I despise Dig Dug.'' Keith responded with a scoff.

''Then who is it?'' Lucas pressed.

''Yeah, spill it Keith!'' Dustin added impatiently.