chapter 15: wolves feel vulnerable Too

"Ren finally. What on earth took you so long?" Standing up, Shamus walked over to his nephew. He'd been seated at a large, round table surrounded by technology. And yet, the room still looked classy and modern

"Sorry, Uncle. I just...ran out to..." Ren paused, unsure what he was supposed to say. If he said he got a cappuccino and talked to a female classmate of his, Shamus was going to murder him.

Shamus frowned, furrowing his brow. Obvious disappointment and disapproval were showing on his face.

"I'm sure he has a good reason to be late," Danes remarked, locking his hands together. Michael rolled his eyes and huffed from his seat beside Danes.

Ren sighed, slipping into a seat next to his friends.

Shamus sat back down as well, turning to Danes. "Back to the topic .."

"Yes. I know." Danes closed his eyes. "Everything is complicated now."

"I'd like to say something," Vix piped up, propping himself against the table.

Many of the people there suddenly looked disgusted. Coal stated, "I don't think anyone wants to hear from you."

Vix glared at the man, his eye glowing white as he shot a blade at Coal's hand. Coal dodged, but Vix had made his point.

"Vix, stand down," commanded Danes, narrowing his eyes. "You must follow the rules of our deal."

"so sorry." Vix hardly sounded apologetic.

Danes shifted. "Speak child."

"I'd prefer not to talk about Damon," Vix replied. Murmurs rippled through the room but immediately stopped when Danes held his hand up. Vix glared at the people there, grinding his teeth together.

"And why's that?" Danes questioned calmly.

"he was like a second father to me and he also saved my life; Damon died in front of my eyes. I don't think I want to listen to you people talk about him no matter what he did ." Vix stated it like it was a fact.

"...Very well." Danes narrowed his eyes. "You may go outside. I'll have someone call you back later."

"...Thank you." Vix stood up and made his way toward the door, passing Ren who shivered, feeling a sudden chill in the air. The door slammed shut behind Vix.

"I can't stand that kid," snarled Maxim, thumping his fist down on the table. "He's obnoxious and arrogant and thinks he can do what he wants."

Danes ignored Maxim as he moved on.

" I called the meeting because we have a new plan and a short recap. After all, it seems some of you have forgotten the reason we are doing this; Sylvie."

some shook their heads while others looked down Ren clenched his fists, sneaking a peek at his uncle. Shamus had stiffened, but his expression remained calm. Ren swallowed. Sylvie...

" She was the start of all our troubles not on purpose of course. You all remember Tyrone Ren's father, And Damon; the traitor?"

"How could we forget?" sneered Maxim in a snarky tone.

Danes shot him a look and he clamped his mouth shut. " for those of you who do not know Tyrone was killed one night."

Shamus slumped slightly, suddenly looking sad. "He was also my brother."

Ren tried not to choke on the air around him, which suddenly felt thick and heavy.

"he was killed by someone who we deemed as a friend, family even; Damon he was lovesick over Sylvie who died over an illness a few years after she gave birth to Ren. That seemed to set the madman off and drove him on his murderous rampage we lost many close friends and family." Danes' lips formed a tight line.