#Sick #PartTwo

Sam groaned and stirred in her sleep.

You shifted and draped an arm over her body, gently pulling her closer to you for warmth.

She'd been sick for over two weeks now and had refused to go to the doctor's, insisting she'd be fine.

You awoke at two in the morning to her soft You awoke at two in the morning to her soft whimpers, her forehead pressed against your shoulder, damp with sweat. Concern tugged at your heart as you gently brushed her hair back from her face. Her usually vibrant complexion was pale, and her breathing was labored.

"Sam, baby, wake up," you whispered softly, trying not to startle her.

She stirred again, slowly opening her eyes. "Y/N?" she mumbled, her voice weak and raspy.

"Hey," you replied, your voice gentle but firm. "I think it's time we go see a doctor."

She shook her head slightly, trying to muster her usual stubbornness. "I'll be fine... just need some more rest."

You sighed, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Sam, you've been saying that for two weeks now. You're not getting any better, and I'm really worried about you."

Her eyes flickered with a mix of exhaustion and defiance, but she didn't argue further. Instead, she simply nodded, too tired to put up a fight. "Okay," she whispered.

You quickly got dressed and helped her into some warmer clothes, making sure she was bundled up against the cool night air. Supporting her as she stood, you guided her out to your car, your heart aching at how weak she felt against you.

The drive to the hospital was quiet, the only sounds coming from the occasional cough or sniffle from Sam. You reached over and took her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We're almost there," you said softly, glancing over at her.

At the hospital, the nurse took one look at Sam and immediately ushered you both into an examination room. The doctor arrived shortly after, and you watched anxiously as they checked her vitals, asked questions, and ran some tests.

Finally, the doctor turned to you with a reassuring smile. "She's got a pretty severe case of pneumonia, but she's going to be okay. We're going to start her on antibiotics and keep her here for a few days to make sure she gets the care she needs."

You let out a breath you didn't realise you'd even been holding. "Thank you," you said, your voice choked with relief.

Sam squeezed your hand weakly, managing a small smile. "Guess you were right," she murmured.

You leaned down and kissed her forehead, your heart swelling with love and relief. "Just focus on getting better, okay? I'll be right here with you."

As the nurses settled Sam into a hospital bed and started her treatment, you stayed by her side, holding her hand and whispering soothing words.