#Sick #PartOne

This is before ep

This is before ep. 5, before Sam and Cat shared a room.
Listen to anything idrc

Your phone rang again in your pocket as you drove to Sam and Catʼs apartment.

Sighing, you fished it out and picked up.

"When are you getting here?" groaned Sam on the other line.

"Iʼm close, one block, give or take," you assured her.

It was three in the morning and Sam called you, waking you up, saying she was sick and that you had to come over due to the fact that she "desperately needs" your cuddles.

Of course, you couldnʼt deny her that, but you also had to come over sooner or later because Cat wouldʼve called you in the morning to tell you her roommate was sick and to come over to take care of her since Sam always refuses to take her medicine.

Finally, you pulled into their buildingʼs parking lot. You parked and got out of the car, going up to their apartment.

You let yourself in and found Sam sitting on the floor with her head on the couch, eyes closed and one hand on her stomach.

"Sam? Are you okay?" you asked worriedly, rushing over to her side.

She opened her eyes only halfway before she scooted closer and nuzzled into your neck, wrapping her arms around you.

   Her skin felt clammy against yours and her forehead was warm.

   "Oh, baby," you cooed softly and secured your arms around her, rubbing her back gently as she whimpered slightly.

   "How long have you felt sick, darling?" you asked.

   "Thursday... last week," Sam replied, her sentence ending with a soft groan, making her tighten her grip around you.

   "Why didnʼt you tell me?"

   "ʼCause you got midterms coming up and... I didnʼt wanna worry you," she answered in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

   "Oh, honey, you didnʼt have to do that," you said, almost melting at how thoughtful she was, but that was the least of your concerns right now.

   She moved so she was on your lap, her head now buried in your chest.

It was only now that you noticed she was wearing a sleeveless shirt.

You pushed her away gently, to which she whined, and pulled your knitted sweatshirt over your head, giving it to her. "Here, wear this, itʼs cold."

With no energy to object, she wore it and once again dug her head into your chest.

"Go to sleep, baby, youʼre gonna be okay." You started rubbing her back again and kissed her hair, running your fingers through the loose ends.

She sighed softly in contentment and finally fell asleep in your arms.