Hospital

"Is that a problem, Diavola?" Matteo asked suspiciously.

I snapped out of my daze, looking at him, "No, Mat-.. Mr. Moretti."

They all looked at me suspiciously, due to my accidental slip-up of almost using Matteo's name. Emilio was staring me down, as if he was trying to figure something out.

I was about to speak up again when I looked over Enzo's shoulder and saw all of the guards gone from outside. I looked next to me, where Coven and Blake stood, facing us. I jerked my head to the door, and they looked over and their eyes widened. The Italians caught on and realized, and before anybody could process or say anything, there was the loud sound of multiple gunshots going off and glass breaking. Quickly, Enzo flipped the table over and everybody had their guns drawn. I took the gun off the strap in my thigh and as the glass door came down and people came bursting in with guns blazing, we all started shooting.

I took down about 3 men as everybody was fighting around me. Matteo had lost his gun and was going into fist-to-gun-fights and I quickly slid my dagger across the floor to him whilst shooting somebody who was about to attack him over his shoulder. He gave me a grateful look and I nodded, but I was too distracted to notice somebody charging at me from behind.

I got tackled to the ground, my gun knocked out of my hand. My face hit the floor violently, breaking the top left part of my mask off. I groaned in pain as I turned over and a woman fighter was straddling me. I recognized her as Viper, slick as a snake. She was the Greek's best female fighter. She gave me a evil grin and started to punch me, and I tried my best to move my face out of the way so my mask doesn't break more.

I finally had enough and grabbed her fist, punching her square in the face. The gunshots slowed around us, telling me that everybody was almost done fighting. I flipped us over and took my dagger out of my glove, holding it to her neck, holding her arms down with my legs whilst I straddled her.

"Why?" I spat.

She simply just grinned in response, making my blood boil. I held the dagger closer to her neck, enough to draw blood but not enough to kill her just yet.

"He knows, and he is coming for you, Ver-" I punched her in the mouth before she could say anything else and I took notice of the fact that everybody around us was now silent, telling me the fight was over.

"How? How does he know?"

She let out a high-pitched, evil laugh. I punched her again, holding the dagger even closer to her neck, to which her eyes widened and she stopped smiling.

"You know what will happen if you kill me. He won't be too happy about it. He is already quite upset about this whole...fiasco. Certainly you wouldn't want to anger him more, yes?"

I groaned in frustration as I punched her in the face one last time, hard. She closed her eyes, unconscious. I'd deal with her ass later.

I got off of her and looked at the mess around us. Dead bodies of the Greek all around, the Moretti's standing and looking at me and Blake and Coven's eyes widening as they see my face.

"An- uh, Diavola.. your mask." Blake pointed out, coming up to me and grabbing my arm, turning me around. Coven came in front of me and tried to readjust it in a way that it hid more of my face.

It wasn't like my entire face was shown. My left eye was visible, and so was a very small part of the right of my mouth.

"It's fine, Coven, just leave it." I sighed in frustration. He looked at the Moretti's and back at me with a raised eyebrow.

Both him and Blake knew about my past. Once again, we were good friends when they were off-duty. So of course, they were also scared of my identity being exposed to the Italians.

Etherealजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें