Kings of the World Chapter 8 / 15

As soon as they were in range Miguel shoved the radio at Robby in the back seat, and said, "Channel 69."

"What?" Robby asked, turning it over in his hands.

"Turn it on, turn it channel 69, and get Mr. LaRusso on the radio," Miguel snapped, as he sent the car flying round the corner and onto Victory Boulevard. "Get him on the radio now and tell him what you did."

Johnny let out a groan as the movement of the car jostled him, and Miguel reached over and touched his shoulder. "Sensei?" he asked. "You waking up?"

"Where are we?" Johnny asked, his voice slightly slurred.

"We're on Victory," Miguel said. "I'm taking you home."

"Where's Robby?"

"I'm right here, dad," he replied, leaning around the seat back.

"Good," Johnny said, his eyes closing again. "Miguel, you OK?"

"I'm fine, Sensei," he replied. "More worried about you though. How are you feeling?"

Johnny head rolled onto his shoulder as he passed out again, and Miguel shook his head, putting both hands on the steering wheel, gripping it tightly, as he snapped, "The radio. Why aren't you calling them?"

"Oh," Robby said, as he remembered his task. Miguel watched him in the rear view mirror as he searched for the switch and turned it on, then twisted the dial to 69. "Hello?" he asked. "Is anyone there?"

There was nothing but static at first, then the radio clicked and a voice said, "Hey, what's up?"

"Who's that?" Robby asked Miguel.

"That's Bert," Miguel replied. "Tell him to go get Mr. LaRusso. He must be out of the kitchen."

"Hey, Bert, it's Robby. Can you please go find Mr. LaRusso for me, and tell him its urgent."

"Yeah, I'll see if I can find him, hold on."

Miguel glanced at Johnny, then turned the car left on Wilbur, gunning the engine, knowing he had a long straight path of clear road ahead of him.

"Robby, are you and Miguel OK?" Daniel asked over the radio.

"We're fine," Robby replied.

"Is Johnny there?"

"Yeah, he's here," Robby replied. "Mr. LaRusso... my dad's hurt."

"Hurt?" Daniel asked. "What happened?! Did he get bitten?"

"No," Robby said. "He fell off a roof."

"A roof?" Daniel practically shrieked down the radio. "What the hell was he doing on a roof?"

"H-he was trying to lead some zombies away from me," Robby stammered, his voice breaking. "It's my fault."

"Robby, no," Daniel said. "Just get home as fast as you can, and we'll be waiting for you."

Miguel had never been so relieved to see the gate of the house open onto the street, and he pulled the car inside. Eli, Demetri and Daniel were waiting in the driveway, looking on with stern faces, as Miguel turned off the engine, and climbed out. He pulled the seat forward, allowing Robby to climb out after him.

Daniel pulled the passenger door open, and crouched down next to Johnny.

"Hey," Johnny said weakly, his head resting against the edge of the seat.

Kings of the World: Last Coors Banquet Series Part 3 | Lawrussoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें