chapter 06; feelings

Start from the beginning

Sunghoon nodded understandingly, apologized, and left the classroom.

Sunoo, feeling guilty for something that he didn't do, stood up and ran out the classroom, chasing Sunghoon. The girls that were surrounding him were confused so one of them followed Sunoo quietly.

Sunoo followed Sunghoon to the bathroom, his steps echoing the weight of unsaid words and the heaviness of misunderstood feelings.

"Sunghoon," Sunoo called out before continuing, "I'm sorry."

Sunghoon turned around, questioning Sunoo's apology. "Sorry for what?"

Sunoo's lips remained sealed.

Sunghoon, sensing the unspoken tension, closed the distance between them. "Why are you sorry?" he asked, a furrow of concern lining his forehead.

Sunoo hesitated, the words caught in his throat. "I... I'm just sorry..." His voice trailed off, the weight of guilt and misjudgment evident in his eyes.

Sunghoon, instead of pushing for an explanation, surprised Sunoo by wrapping his arms around him in a tender embrace. "They told me to leave, not you, why should you apologize? It's not your fault," Sunghoon said softly.

Sunoo, initially taken aback, slowly let himself be enveloped by the warmth of Sunghoon's embrace.

It is now home time, Sunghoon and Sunoo walked next to each other while laughing and teasing each other, then suddenly, Sunoo stopped.

"Ah! I forgot my water bottle, can you wait?"

Sunghoon nodded. "Yes, of course."

As  Sunoo left to retrieve his water bottle, Sunghoon stood alone as students passes him in the gateway. Sunghoon was smiling but then it suddenly faded slowly. The girls who had accused him approached, their faces etched with remorse.

Sunghoon tried to walk away but one of the girls said, "Sunghoon, we're sorry."

"We didn't know that it wasn't you who injured Sunoo. We jumped to conclusions," another girl added, her eyes reflecting regret.

Sunghoon, still grappling with the aftermath, offered a nod, acknowledging their apology. "It's okay. I'm glad you're taking care of Sunoo well," he replied.

The girls exchanged glances, relief evident on their faces. "Thanks for understanding," one of them said, smiling.

As the girls walked away, one girl stayed and asked Sunghoon, "Sunghoon, do you like Sunoo?"

The lingering question about Sunghoon's feelings weighed on him as he nervously chuckled at the girl's surprising question. "What do you mean?" he countered, trying to deflect the question.

The girl remained unyielding. "Do you have a crush on Sunoo?" she asked bluntly.

Caught off guard, Sunghoon's nerves got the better of him, and in a moment of panic, he dashed away from the girl. She watched him run off with a cold, impassive expression.

As Sunoo returned with his water bottle, he stopped smiling after seeing Sunghoon gone. "Yewon, were you talking to Sunghoon? Where is he?