Chapter 14 pt2

The night before New Year's Eve, Ryder was allowed to get out from the hospital. They went to the sports field after Mayor Goodway asked them to re-do the performance, with Ryder's request. No one really says anything and enjoyed the walk, until someone decided to talk.

"It reminds me of that day, looking at these falling snow." Skye looked around.

"Ah, yeah. I remember hearing Marshall's voice when it was like this." Chase nodded.

"A heawt-piewcing voice." Zuma commented.

"W-what?" Marshall looked confused.

"At least at the time when we were not supposed to cry, you successfully made us cry, Marshall. Four of us." Rocky sighed.

"Who said that four of us do? I don't cry!" Rubble shook his head.

"Rubble the tough pup. Yeah, you really live by that name." Chase sarcastically laughed.

"But you said that you actually cwied back then, Wubble." Zuma nudged Rubble's shoulder.

"...okay, I remember that." Rubble face-palmed and the rest laughed.

"Ah, yeah, about that... You guys were right. It also made me cried." Marshall sighed, remembering what happened back then. "I always remember the current events whenever I read, or sing those lyrics. It's just... not what I wished for, really."

Hearing his brother, Chase went back to his brother and embraced him.

"Hey, at least... now I'm better." Chase embraced Marshall's shoulder. "Things are over now. Ryder's awake already, and everything's over. Cheer up, sweetheart." He rubbed Marshall's head softly. The others only 'awed' while Ryder smiled.

"You two are really inseparable brothers, you know that?" Ryder shook his head and continued their trip.

After a while, they arrived at the sports field. There were a lot of people watching for the New Year's festival.

"Meet Mayor Goodway at the backstage. I've asked her to prepare everything, all you have to do is get ready for the performance." Ryder ordered them. "I'll stay here and wait for the show."

"Really? B-but... can you please come with us? I mean, I'm worried about you being alone here." Chase begged.

"Eh... maybe it's okay. Alright, I'll go." Ryder shrugged and moved his wheelchair.

They went to the backstage and they were surprised with what they see. Their uniforms had changed into party outfits. Tuxedos for the male pups, and a gown for Skye, in their respective color.

"Wow!" Marshall and Zuma looked really excited and took their clothing without any hesitation.

"This is weally cool! Oh my god!" Zuma burst in tears.

"I know! It's really awesome! A dream come true!" Marshall also cried. They looked really happy with their clothing.

"Is this what you asked Mayor, Ryder?" Rocky asked.

"Yeah! Ryder had been keeping these clothing from you guys for quite a long time. He asked me to keep it in case if there are any upcoming formal events and you guys have to participate. I guess it's safe to say that this is one of them." Mayor Goodway explained.

"You guys know what to do, right?" Ryder asked to the pups. They all nodded in excitement.

"Finish our performance, once and for all, right?" Rubble asked. Mayor Goodway and Ryder nodded.

"I actually have a little special request. Can you guys focus on the vocal when it's your turn, but focus on the dance when it is not?" Ryder asked them.