Chapter 9: Under the Autumn Leaves (Autumn)

What are the things that are identical with autumn? Most people will say those leaves that started turning into yellow, and fall over from the branches. Chase and Marshall had an idea to spend their time together in this autumn. What would it be?

"It's September already, huh." Chase looked to the sky from the balcony.

"Yep. It's already a half year since we confessed to each other, heh?" Marshall added.

Chase and Marshall were spending their time on the balcony. The others were doing a mission, except Rubble, who was watching his favorite show in the lounge.

"Hmm, what do you think of spending times together in this Autumn?" Chase suggested.

"Where to, Chase?" Marshall asked.

"Well... I wanna go to a forest. Autumn forest." Chase thought for a while. "Looking at the autumn leaves, playing on the pile of leaves, hearing those crunchy noises from the dry leaves... I want to do that."

"Whoa, that sounds awesome, Chase. But... where can we find such forest at Adventure Bay?" Marshall tilted his head.

"That's the problem." Chase went to the observatory and looked at the periscope. "Do you think we can find one with the help of periscope?" Chase asked his brother.

"That could be a possible way if we are lucky enough." Marshall also entered the observatory.

Chase held the periscope's handle and started looking around.

"Birds... the snowy mountain where Jake and Everest lives... the jungle where Carlos and Tracker lives... got it!" Chase exclaimed.

"Eh?" Marshall was surprised. "Got it?"

"Yep! But... this is beyond Adventure Bay, actually." Chase looked for a while. "Oh, it's really beautiful, you know!"

"At the outer town, huh? Um... actually, I'm kind of scared if it's far away from Adventure Bay... I mean, I'm afraid Ryder won't let us." Marshall tugged his collar.

"Here, you wanna take a look?" Chase released the periscope's handle and went down.

Marshall looked inside the periscope. He saw a wide forest with yellow leaves covering the forest because it's Autumn already. There was a mountain in the middle of the forest. He also saw some leaves that fell already. Marshall gotta admit, that's the forest both he and Chase wanted.

"Wow... I never see a forest as beautiful as this..." Marshall looked astonished. "I really want to go there, actually..."

"Then let's go ask Ryder's permission. He'd permit us, I guess." Chase suggested.

"Alright then, if it is for you, then I will." Marshall released the periscope's handle. "And it'd be fun, I believe."

"We have to wait for them to return back to the Lookout first."

"We're home." Ryder entered the Lookout alone. The others went right to their dog houses immediately.

"Ryder! Ryder!" Chase and Marshall approached that boy.