𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲'𝘀 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀 (𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆)

Start from the beginning

"Hey Isabella. Are you okay?" Derek asked as he looked to her. He knew all too well how much she had been through lately.

Bella nodded. She smiled. "I'm okay. Moving on from everything that's happened," she told him. She was happy knowing what she knew. And she was finding it hard to keep her mouth quiet.

Derek looked to his sister. He held her close. "You're doing good Isabella. I'm proud of you," he said.

"What's with the Isabella? You never call me Isabella," Bella said as she looked to him.

Derek shrugged. "I'm allowed to call you that. You're my sister. And it's my duty as a big brother to call you names you don't like," he said as he smiled.

****

Arizona walked over to Bella and smiled. "You paged?" She asked as she looked to her. She felt bad for all she had been through lately.

Mrs. Kendall, the patients mother spoke. "She's in a lot of pain."

Bella nodded and smiled. "Okay. Uh, Ruby Kendall, age 9. Fever, tenderness over McBurney's point," she told her.

Arizona nodded and looked to Ruby. "All right, appendix. Let me check your belly," she said as she began examine the patients stomach.

"Ow."

"Oh, yeah. You have a very angry appendix," Arizona said as she looked to Ruby.

Mrs. Kendall frowned. "That's surgery? She needs surgery?" She asked. She was worried about her daughter.

Arizona nodded and smiled. "Yes, she does. But the good news is, It's the easiest surgery in the world. I mean, she's a baby surgeon and she could do it," she said as she pointed to Bella.

Bella's eyes widened. "What, you're gonna let me do it?" She asked. She didn't feel comfortable.

"You're going to let her do the surgery?"

Arizona shook her head and smiled. "Oh, no, no, no, no. No, of course not. I'm gonna do it. I'm kinda fabulous at it. And, ruby, you are gonna be outta here by tomorrow With a teeny, tiny little scar and a very good excuse to have your parents feed you ice cream Every night of the week. Dr Montgomery, admit her to peds and make sure she's comfortable while we get an O.R," she told her.

Bella nodded and smiled. "You're gonna be fine. You're a pretty girl and we're going to make sure you're going to be okay. I promise."

Arizona smiled. She knew how good of a doctor Bella was. And she knew how the resident was going to own whatever she decided to specialise in. 

****

Grace walked into Derek's office. "Hey. You paged?" She asked.

Derek nodded and kissed her lips. "Yeah, I like to say hello to my wife every 48 hours. You didn't come home last night?" He said.

"I told you, every Tuesday night, I'm trolling for cases. Last night, a guy crashed his motorcycle, had rebar jammed in the base of his skull, And shadow Shepherd let me do the extraction," Grace told him as she smiled.

You know what I've been doing? Paperwork. You know what I have to look forward to today? More paperwork. This job is just- I would love to have something jammed I brain. That way, I'd see the inside of an O.R," Derek said.