They say that keeping busy helps control one's thoughts, but that's just an excuse. In reality, even when busy, thoughts of that person could invade her mind.

During holidays, Grandpa Ye would invite Gu Siyu to dinner, asking her not to be reserved. Every time, she would bring gifts. She enjoyed chatting with the old man; his words were philosophical.

Many times, she could sense the old man's attitude towards her. It was good, but it felt more like compensating for the deceased granddaughter. However, it didn't matter; she was using Duan Xiqian's name to seek help from others. Accompanying him a bit didn't bother her.

The old man liked reminiscing about the past, but Gu Siyu couldn't remember much from her childhood. She only remembered that Duan Xiqian saved money to buy candy for her, shared half of her cookies, and took her out to play.

Even her braids were done by Duan Xiqian.

The old man said, "You must have been the saddest after she left, at such a young age, losing even a friend."

Gu Siyu said, "Back then, it was more fear than sadness. There wasn't time to be sad. By the time I understood what sadness was, I had already grown up, and I don't remember anymore."

"Have you encountered anything sad since coming abroad? When your heart heals, you should go back in time to see, or else it might be too late."

Gu Siyu thought for a while. When she was about to answer, the old man suddenly coughed. The maid and the doctor rushed over, and Gu Siyu stood by, unable to help. Once the old man was confirmed to be fine, she walked back to her rented house.

She came abroad to seek freedom, but in an unfamiliar place, there was no talk of freedom; there was only boundless loneliness. The better times were when she thought of Huo Junxian, feeling no suffocation, only recalling various details of her past life.

They watched the sea together, rode motorcycles, and cooked.

These were irreplaceable experiences with others, and they always left a sweet feeling in her heart.

Gu Siyu was beautiful, and living abroad, she encountered enthusiastic foreigners pursuing her, inviting her to coffee shops and confessing their feelings. Internally, Gu Siyu resisted; aside from Huo Junxian, she probably wouldn't like anyone else. Her only heartthrob had long been given away.

As time passed, there was no New Year celebration abroad; they only celebrated Christmas. Gu Siyu wasn't interested in this holiday; she usually spent it alone, looking out of the window when bored.

Snow was falling.

The domestic news kept broadcasting New Year messages. With a casual swipe, she could see many places' fireworks displays. In the winter night, numerous dazzling flowers bloomed.

Gu Siyu received a message; Ye Qinghe's grandfather invited her for dinner and said if she felt lonely, she could come over often.

As snowflakes floated in the sky, Gu Siyu replied with thanks and bought a gift, delivering it early.

This year, the snow was deep. Standing in the snow, Gu Siyu unintentionally left deep footprints. When she came back to her senses, her feet were already frozen.

She tried to tilt her head, attempting to look into the house through the gap. The gate was tightly closed, and the courtyard was covered with a layer of ice and snow. Apart from the vast expanse of white, nothing else was visible.

After brushing off the snowflakes on the iron gate and looking inside, someone shouted at her, asking what she was doing. Gu Siyu raised her hand to cover her face.