Odd One Out (⚠️)

⚠️TW: Self harm⚠️

Prologue

"Lan Zhan, do the other disciples know that A-yuan is a Wen?" Wei Ying asked his husband.

"There have been many rumours." Lan Zhan replied as Wei Ying sat in his lap.

"Would they tease him or bully him about it?" He asked, worried.

"It's against the rules."

"We'll keep a close eye on him right?"

"Mn."

Story

"Lan Sizhui! What are walking corpses and their relationship to fierce corpses!?" Lan Qiren boomed. It was another day of learning for the Lan disciples, and the almighty sect leader was strict as ever.

"Walking corpses are considered the most common variants of undead, and fierce corpses are similar to walking corpses, but stronger and more dangerous to commoners and cultivators alike." Sizhui replied, bowing. He received some praises from Qiren and was told to sit down. The other disciples around him whispered behind his back, but stopped at once as their teacher shot a glare at them.

After a tedious day of getting lectured, they were all dismissed.

"Hey Wen! Hey sissy bodyguard!" Shouted a disciple and a large gang, running towards Sizhui and his best friend.

"Scram! Leave us alone you stupidly fat stuck up job hogs!" Jingyi yelled, giving them all the middle finger.

Suddenly, one of the larger disciples grabbed Sizhui by the neck, and punched Jingyi to the ground.

"You don't deserve to live you dirty, despicable, Wen." The bully spat on him, then shoved him onto Jingyi. Then everyone started kicking and stomping them, telling Sizhui he should be dead, and saying that Jingyi never belonged to the sect.

Despite being used to getting picked on, Sizhui's heart ached whenever the insults pounded into his ears. He felt worse when Jingyi stood up for him and resulted in getting bullied too, though his best friend did love starting up fights.

"Jingyi, you didn't have to." Sizhui whispered, choking after getting stomped on.

"A-yuan! You must start standing up for yourself and shoving poo down these idiots' throats!" Jingyi replied, cheek smushed on the floor.

"What is going on!?" A voice that belonged to the sect leader thundered, as the large rowdy gang of disciples picked up Sizhui and Jingyi immediately.

"Shifu! Those two were trying to fight with us!" One of the disciples cried, clasping his hands, and bowing with a fake limp.

"Is that so?" Lan Qiren stroked his beard and arched an eyebrow.

"Uncle, I will take it from here." Lan Xichen said calmly but firmly and bowed, followed by Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian.

"Return to your rooms." Lan Qiren told the disciples, trusting his nephew with them, and left. The large bully gang sprang up and dispersed at once, walking as fast as possible to their rooms.

"What happened?" Wangji asked, his voice filled with concern.

"Nothing A-die, we're fine." Sizhui answered before Jingyi could open his mouth.