4. I have an explosive personality

Start from the beginning

"Glad for the invite" I offered back. 

I was not in fact glad for the invite. Every moment I spent around the two of them the more I felt the overwhelming urge to run and hide. 

"We need to discuss what happened yesterday" Reyna started turning around and facing me.

I watched her stand still, studying me. They had already spent 12 hours with me and yet weren't sure what to make of me. I was slowly learning not to wear my feelings on my face. I was already warned I was too expressive yesterday, and I wasn't going to make the same mistake today. 

That being said I was a nervous wreck. I remembered nothing of the attack yesterday. I remember being dragged out of the car and nothing more until I woke up in the infirmary.

"Our scouts, saw the commotion of you and your mortal companions being pulled over by a Pandos impersonating a police officer" Jason added turning around himself and it took everything in me not to step backwards. 

His very gaze was intimidating and making it very hard to concentrate on what he had just said.

"Then, they saw 5 additional Pandai join the officer in an ambush of your car. Where you proceeded to whip the wheel to the right and drive your car slightly up the hill by the overpass and then lose control and flip, landing the vehicle upside down" Reyna continued and I was quickly brought back to reality. 

"I flipped the car?" I asked and this time Jason cocked his head taking his own turn at studying me. 

I didn't remember turning the wheel and then trying to drive, but knowing myself it was the exact type of thing I would do out of sheer stupid panic. 

"Upon seeing this our guards attempted to shoot the Pandai, believing you had been killed and they were now going to ascend on our camp" Reyna started again, looking to Jason as if to silently ask what he was seeing in me that she wasn't finding.

It was reassuring to know that my life was never of much concern or importance for the Romans 

"We tend to only have two guards out at a time, so they were quickly outnumbered. The Pandai are not easy to kill, our guards began to retreat into camp for reinforcement when..." Jason paused looking to see if my memory had suddenly been jogged by their riveting story telling.

It wasn't.

"When what?" I pressed when the silence went on for longer than I felt comfortable with.

To be fair, at this point I was pretty uncomfortable with ANY silence so it had only been a couple seconds.

"When they all, for lack of a better term, blew up" Reyna finished waiting for my reaction.

"Blew up?" 

"Yes, our guards reported that one minute the Pandai were starting their advance on the group and the next they were clouds of dust in the air" Jason clarified. 

I wasn't sure how many more times I could explain I didn't have a memory of these events.  wasn't there to witness whatever weird event took place. 

"Wait, you don't think I had something to do with that?" 

Their faces were the only confirmation I needed. 

"I was passed out in the car! You pulled my body out of the wreckage you saw how badly I was hurt" I claimed and Reyna shook her head.

"You weren't. You were upside down and disoriented but you weren't cut, nothing was broken, you were physically fine" she countered and I felt the room start to spin.

Wasn't I? I could have sworn there was blood or at least a bruise? I was sore, I felt beaten up, but there weren't any scrapes. I didn't remember any bruises when I bathed just minutes ago. Was I physically fine?