Lost Princess

(Mateo's POV)

He was having a great time shopping. It reminded him of when his brothers were younger. He was walking in front of them slightly to give them a little space knowing none of them were fully comfortable with him.

He looked back to check on them and he froze. Eris wasn't there anymore.

"E-Eris ?!"

Alex looked down and his eyes widened not seeing Eris next to him anymore. He looked at Mateo, his eyes wide with fear. Mateo stepped forward looking around to try and see Eris but he stopped when he saw Alex step back and pull Sam behind him.

Mateo looked at his bodyguards nodding to them as they began to spread out and look for Eris. Mateo kneeled down slightly seeing how Alex kept his eyes on him.

"Alex ... It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you or Sam"

Alex pulled Sam behind him more as he stuttered.

"Y-you brought us here because E-eris trusts us a-and i l-lost her"

Mateo held his hands up as he inched closer.

"She's five. She will of seen something and wandered off. It's not your fault. You're a child yourself. So take a breath and let's look for her together."

Alex looked as Mateo extended his hand to him. Sam slowly moved from behind Alex looking up at his brother. Suddenly Alex started crying.

"Y-you promise we won't be p-punished"

Mateo nodded and Alex threw himself into his arms crying. Mateo stroked his back softly and shushed him softly.

(Eris's POV)

She was standing in front of the window to Build-a-Bear. She stared at all the teddys and a big machine that was spinning stuffing. She looked around only now, noticing that she was alone.

She frantically looked around and started to tear up. She pressed her back against the window and slowly slid down as she began crying.

After a few minutes she saw a pair of black shoes stop in front of her. She sniffled looking up and saw the same man that had brought the coats to them this morning. The man was tall with brown hair and light brown eyes. He crouched down and smiled.

"Hey little princess. We have been looking for you"

Eris sniffled and put her head into her knees, closing her eyes tightly.

"N-no o-owies p-p-please"

The man texted on his phone and then looked at Eris and got out a pair of sunglasses from his pocket.

"It's my job to protect you princess ... is the crowd a bit much ? Do you want to go and look at the stuffies ?"

Eris sniffled and slowly looked up at him

"I-its too b-bright and i-im scared..."

He held up the sunglasses and smiled

"Well i have these for you, and you can hold my hand while we make you a very special stuffie"

Eris looked at the sun glasses curiously and then bit her lip thinking. She wanted to go into the shop and look around, maybe if the man promised. She raised her small pinky finger to him.

"P-promise no o-owies"

The man nodded and then softly put the sunglasses on her and then linked pinky fingers with her

"I pinky promise"

Eris giggled slightly at his serious voice and then softly held his hand. She liked the sunglasses, she couldn't see the crowd this way.