explanation and feelings part 2

Whisp POV

I woke up looking around seeing everyone around me on the floor I remembered the rough night

I can't believe they're actually alive still that they're still apart of me in some way its insane to think about

I guess my moving woke up shade and in turn his loud yawn woke everyone else up

I watched everyone wake up and look at me with worried looks it's understandable after what happened

Killer spoke up first “I'm just gonna say what everyone is thinking you ok what was that nightmare about”

Everyone nods fully up giving their full attention I sighed “it's a long story”

Nightmare places a tendril on my head patting it “take your time we'll wait”

I take a deep breath “alright well you remember what I said about meeting me and shades creator and how I'm not exactly normal because of it”

They nodded not like they could forget something so significant

“Well there's alot more to the not normal part I'm not me technically I'm not the same whisp he'll I didn't even have a name”

Horror tilts his head “what…..do you….. mean your……not… you?” I look down “after meeting the creator and learning so much about our world what was gonna happen to me and shade I..changed”

I look back up at them all “I wasn't meant to be friends with you all I wasn't supposed to be the way I am” I look at shade “my original purpose was to hurt you I was made to plague your mind and break you down to nothing then build you back up into a moster a puppet for my use”

I could see the shock and disbelief take over his face as I felt guilt creep up on me “I was supposed to take over your body and hurt everyone and everything you cared for I was supposed to be your final battle”

I felt horrible for what I made how I treated his creation “and even if you did defeat me you'd be left a mess with barley anything left to care for there was no happy ending”

The silence was unbearable as I curled up hugging myself “and I played into it the first few months that we talked all the training and knowledge it was so I could gain more power from other aus”

Shade looked hurt but I could see something else in his eyes like he knew I regretted it “then I changed a week before cross and killer came to get you I looked into your eyes and its like a switch flipped I wasn't the original whisp I didn't see you as a puppet or a means for power you we're a friend someone I needed to protect”

A small smile crosses his face and I couldn't help but smile back even if it was a sad one then cross spoke up “was the meeting planned like were we meant to get shade?”

I nodded “kind of yeah It was just supposed to be different you were supposed to meet in a different au and find him killing residents and nighty would take him in but I guess when I changed the route that was set for shade changed as well”

Nightmare cut in “well while this does help some things you still haven't told us exactly what the nightmare was about”

I tried to avoid that but seems nightmare is too smart to let me “it was about the original whisp they came to me and started talking about how I should be fulfilling our duty and that I shouldn't want shade to have a happy ending when I'm the reason for his downfall in the original world”

Just the thought of it made me nervous “they basically said no matter how much I try to change I'll always end up hurting shade since that's what I'm made to do”

I looked down “and I'm scared because they weren't wrong I've been slipping up so much that God complex of the original coming through the unusual joy I feel when I learn something new something powerful I can do its all just them coming through”

Shade hugged me and I leaned into him he was my only grounding at the moment the others gathered around and error spoke up he was silent this whole time just listening a little away from the others “we'll make sure nothing happens your a…. Friend and we won't let some old version of you hurt anyone”

I smiled over at him hearing him call me a friend and even comfort me even if it's from afar is helpful “thank you error”

We decided to just spend the first part of the day inside nightmare leaving to get everyone breakfast and to tell the others we're ok so they aren't concerned

And that was my morning emotional and full of comfort from my friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyoo hope you like the chapter probably gonna be the last angsty/ emotional one for now next time we'll be back to the shenanigans

P.S I'm loving the thread of puns and may have added some in so have fun finding them