Chapter 19

Daniel's POV

I kept glancing back at my husband who was holding our baby's hand and smiling down at her throughout the whole drive to the park. Once we arrived I found a parking space under a tree that would provide some shade for the car and prevent it from getting too hot inside. I got out of the car and grabbed a bag from the boot that was packed with a few bits for lunch if we stayed long enough to eat before Luke got out and made his way over to me. 

"She fell asleep, I haven't seen her this quiet before I know she has had a few quiet spells but this seems different and she was being a little clingy not that I'm complaining I loved it but I wonder if she's slipped a little," Luke says and he makes his way over to her door and proceeds to get her out the car. "What should we do if she's fallen asleep?" I ask seeing my now sleeping daughter in the arms of my husband. She looks so peaceful and innocent. "I think we just go find a bench to sit at and wait until she wakes at the end of the day it's lovely out and we can just chat for the time being never know we might meet some of our friends here," Luke says grabbing the blanket from the car seat to bring with us, not that I think it will be needed. I nod in agreement and we begin our relaxed walk over to the park and find a nice bench to sit at. 

We sit and chat about Luke's work and the plans that have been made throughout the company. We are so lucky that he owns it and can pick and choose when he works and even better when he does it can be done at home so we are never really apart. About 20 minutes into our conversation Beth began to stir. Her little doe eyes looked around until they met mine. I gave her a small smile and in return got one back before burying her head into Luke's chest. "Is our little bean being all shy?" I asked while chuckling. "uh-hu" she said while nodding her head. "would you like some fruit and juice?" Luke asked trying to coax her out from his chest. "nu-nu," was the reply given. I looked over at Luke and he seemed to have the same expression that I did. Our baby had definitely slipped into a headspace we just don't know how far she slipped. 

"Baby, how old are you right now can you tell Daddy?" I asked while reaching over and rubbing her back. I got no response so we tried a different tactic, "Why don't we go over to the swings there great fun," Luke said over-enthusiastically and got up before any protests were made. Once we reached the swings he set her down and told her to hold on tight as he stood behind her. She looked at me with uncertainty and was almost looking like she needed confirmation that it was ok, she would be safe on the swing. I gave her a reassuring smile and stood in front of her to show that I was not going anywhere. Luke started to push her slowly and she flinched at first and for the next few after but soon began to relax and a smile formed on her face. After another little while she started giggling and it was music to my ears, it was nice to see her relaxed and having fun. The thought then occurred to me that she possibly had never been on a swing before I could be wrong though. 

"Hey Danny boy, long time no see, what you doing over here? Hey Luke how's it going?" We wiped our heads to the side and saw our friends Jamie and Mark with their little Anthony walking towards us with bright smiles. Luke picked Beth up and we met then 1/2 way.

"OMG you finally got a little," Jamie said while reaching out to touch Beth's hand. Luke stepped back and he felt Beth flinch. "Yes we did but please don't touch her, she has only begun to accept our touch and we don't want her going backward," Luke says in the nicest tone he can. I looked over to see our friend's reaction. "No, it's fine she is just really nervous around people and just coming out of her shell with us," I say trying to make them feel better as I could see they were a little sad that they could not share in this happy moment of ours. 

Our friends have known for a long time that we always wanted our own little and have struggled to find the right person. We can't tell them yet about how we came together but one day we will and I know they would understand. As said before not all littles are here of their own free will but all end up coming around to loving it once they see their lives are so much better than the shit life they use to have with most being abused, addicts, and homeless. 

"Looks like someone fell asleep again," I say to Luke who was chatting away with Jamie while Mark was away with Anthony playing around the park. It's a nice thing to see and it only makes me wish and hope that someday that will be us 3 as a family. "So she is, I think she has slept more today than usual bless her, we better get going and get her home think it has all been a little too much for her being out and about," Luke says and we bid farewell to our friends and head back to the car.