Chapter 18

Luke's POV

Yesterday we spent the day in and it was needed. Beth came out of her shell a little, did not talk much but was definitely more relaxed and it was nice to see, the only little hiccup was when it was bath time but we expected it and she settled quickly afterward. It's only 8 am and Beth is still asleep. After being woken by another nightmare during the night and how tired she was yesterday we both decided to leave her till 9 before we get her up and ready for the day. 

"What should we do today love it's a nice day be a shame to stay here all day," Daniel asked as I placed our breakfast down on the table. "I agree it would be nice to go out maybe to the park? My only worry is how Beth will handle it she is still very new to this and don't want her stepping backwards, " I could see Daniel nod his head in response before we sat quietly for a moment. 

"Why don't we ask her? She knows this community is DDLG and she is not the only little here and I think being around other littles would benefit her," "I agree I do think it would. Okay we will tell her where we are going but she doesn't have to leave us to play if she doesn't want to, I don't want her to feel pressured to join in if she is not ready for it," Daniel nods at my words. So the decision is made. We finished up getting the kitchen cleaned and I asked Daniel to get Beth some breakfast made while I go wake her up and get her ready for the day. 

I walked up the stairs, and down the hall into the nursery where I saw my little girl sound asleep looking at peace. It hurts me to wake her when I know she struggles with nightmares, so to see her finally relaxed in slumber and knowing I'm about to disturb her peace makes me feel guilty but I can't let her sleep all day. I bring the crib bars down gently, not to startle her, and slowly start rubbing circles on her back. "Time to wake up princess," I say in a soft tone while continuing to rub her back. She begins to stir giving out a little moan and turns over onto her back then proceeds to rub her eyes. "No little one you will hurt your little eye," I say as I gently take her little hands in mine. "There's my little girl," I smile as she opens her eyes and looks up at me. 

I pick Beth up and get her changed and dressed for the day with a little fight getting her diaper changed but it's still expected. I dress her in a lovely pastel blue that comes down to her knees with a white T-shirt underneath and take her down to the kitchen for breakfast. Breakfast went smoothly, Beth even let us feed her the porridge Daniel made for her with no fussing. "Right little one we are going to go out today to the park for some fresh air, it's your choice if you want to go play or just stay with us, okay let's go get our shoes on and hit the road," Daniel says with no room for Beth to argue back in case she starts to worry or lash out of fear of going but all she does when Daniel walks out to get her shoes is look at me and sends grabby hands my way. I waste no time in picking her up and cuddling her close while she rests her head on my shoulder. 

"You okay bug?" Daniel asks walking in and seeing her in my arms but was given no reply. I sat down with her still in my arms and Daniel put her shoes on, there was still no reply but we had already decided we were going out even if it was just for a walk it's better than staying in I just hoped she come out of this quiet phase she seems to be in at the moment. "I think maybe we're still a little tired, isn't that right sweetheart?" I say and give Daniel a look that says 'Let's not push on this ok', He gets the hint and we head for the door and get to the car where I buckle Beth into her seat. She squirms and looks like she's about to cry and keeps trying to reach for me. 

"Love you will have to drive Beth seems to be in a headspace and I think it's best I sit back here with her for now, she looks a little upset," I say while passing Daniel the keys and getting into the other side of the car sitting in beside Beth. Once we're on the road I wipe a stray tear off her face and she grabs my hand with hers and just holds it. We stayed like that the whole way, it was almost like she needed confirmation that I was not going anywhere.