Training with a friend.

The powerless teen fell first, for his friend's smile, ambition, warm personality, well everything about him
__________________________

Izuku isn't proud of his time in prison or what was required of him to make himself respected. He isn't ashamed of it, not at all. No one was there because they didn't deserve it, it was only the worse of the worse. The truly evil villains, the ones beyond redemption, the ones who are too powerful. He been there for a long time but he never considered any of them friends, not once. No one comforted him, no one offered him kind words, only violence. It was the survival of the fittest and he was the fittest.

Being the strongest gave him a power over the other inmates, and the guards.However Izuku felt a small amount of respect to the guards and wardens so they never really saw him when he was ruthless. The only reason they haven't been obliterated by him is simply because he saw enough death. He grew sick of it, the blood, the screams, the begging. He brought order, but he also brought hell. The first and only time Tartarus had to be rebuilt was during the lab days, he hated the lab days.

Being incharge for centuries made him able to know what a person wants, manipulation has become a second language. It's simple to him, small hand gestures, body language, the flickers in a person eyes, even the way they breathe could give him a small insight to their character. In Tartarus, even a small insight could show him something so cruel and truly evil it shouldn't be repeated.

UA was refreshing to him, kids filled with hopes and dreams. Even Mineta seems tame to him, although he wonders if he has balls for hair everywhere, that is a question for later. He loved the way they all looked to the future with a smile instead of fear, and the way they had hope for everyone and everything around them. It's so refreshing.

Shoto was different, he didn't have the same carefree look. It always seemed calculated to him, his thought process looked much more logical and he led on with things that are beneficial. Of course he still had the little glow of admiration in the presence of all his teachers and he had the same hope in his voice as his classmates as they shout "PLUS ULTRA".

Izuku wasn't stupid, he could see that he wasn't wanted around him earlier but he could also see the way he was and still is questioning everything. It's like he is constantly trying to make sense of what's around him.

He rubs his eyes on his sofa, well its not really his sofa per say but technically he is the only person who uses it so it's his. He sighs to himself, of course he becomes distracted by a sofa while he is reminiscing. He's glad he became somewhat of a friend for Shoto, he succeeded became the friend of everyone in 1A. He lays back and smiles, running a hand through his hair. He really enjoys being around them.

~~~~~~~~~>

He is starting to see the appeal behind teaching, spending the whole day going around the hall trying to help others out. He doesn't know why 1A seem to have a serious short term memory, none of them commented on the USJ. He can't tell of they were doing it to be polite or because they simply forgot. He thinks its both for different individuals.

If Izuku knew in advance how hard it would be to train Shoto he wouldn't have offered. Well, he would have but he might have thought a little longer before saying he would. In the kindest possible way Shoto had no imagination, making ice into a cube isn't hard. However Izuku has to consider if Shoto's quirk included ice manipulation. If it didn't then he was wasting both of their time.

Izuku is still glad he agreed to train him though. His smile at the end when he finally made an icicle was worth it. He looked like an excited puppy, like the rest of 1A. Izuku gave him praise of course, it only took him two hours to master a concept completely new to him.

~~~~~~~>

For the first time ever the whole of 1A were at the same table, Izuku sat in the center so he could see everyone. Everyone was in a heated conversation about who was actually the second best hero. Everyone agreed with All Might at top but Endeavour didn't sit quite right with a few of them. Izuku found out a while ago that Endeavour was Shoto's dad but for some reason he seemed reluctant to defend his father in this conversation. Something is not right, and eventually he will find out.

Soon Uruaka started a new conversation about why they wanted to be a hero.

Bakugo went first and looked surprisingly embarrassed.
"All Might is really fucking cool, I guess I never considered being anything else. FUCK OFF SPIKEY HAIR!" Everyone laughed as Bakugo tried to deter a hug from Kirishima.

"I want to save people, it's really manly." Kirishima smiled at the others and continued to try and get his hug.

"I wanted to make money for my family." Uruaka smiled as she said this, she had no shame towards her goal. To her it is honorable and she was sure no one would make fun of her for it.

"I want to get some girls and be cool." The girls of one 1A shouted at Mineta in a joking manner, if he got rid of his perverted behaviour his dream would seem innocent.

"I'm like Bakugo." Shoto looked down and continued to eat his soba, he felt Izuku pat him on the shoulder.

"Ze world deserves to see me twinkle" Aoyama stood up and twirled around as he said this and everyone laughed again.

"I wanted to be like my brother who is a and my hero" Iida stood up and looked into the distance, everyone laughed at that part but soon they eventually worked out his brother is Ingenium.

After that everyone had really similar dreams most triggers by a personal experience with a hero but in the end they all wanted to be cool and save people. All except one.

"I'm only here because prison sucks, nothing more nothing less." Izuku was lying, he realised the more time he spent with 1A the more he wanted to protect this, to protect dreams and hearts like theirs. He wasn't going to say that though, he thinks they know that too. So he adds a part.
"But you guys have to conversation me otherwise." He watched as their smiles widened if possible and they all started talking about heroes passionately.

He realised he hasn't really tried to kill himself recently, every now and then he has a breakdown but that was inevitable. He had no other coping mechanisms, now he does though. He can have a movie marathon, he can stuff himself with ice cream, he can cry in the shower, he could talk to someone. But he won't do the last one, he isn't ready to have people look at him like that yet. In a weird way he is proud of himself, his end goal is still dying but now he wouldn't mind living with this class for a while.

Lunch ended and they went back to the gym to their sections and continued to train. Aizawa noticed how they all had some new found motivation. He wonders what they did at lunch.

"Hey, Mr clone! Am I participating in the sports festival?" Aizawa really hates that name.

"Yes"

"No shit really! What do I have to do, basketball or some shit?" Aizawa gave Izuku a deadpan look

"It's not really a sports festival is it." Aizawa looked at him again willing him away so he could enjoy his coffee in peace.

"no, more like an obstacle race, a cavalry battle and one on one fights" Aizawa felt a slap on his head and saw his husband standing next to him.

"THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!" Izuku ran towards his corner, he's glad he chose the rational choice and kept the information to himself.

"Why did you tell him?" Hizashi sounded more curious than annoyed.

"I want him to kick 1Bs ass." Hizashi gave him another slap in the head and walked off. God, he loves that man.

[1386 words]

How should I establish a schedule for updates.

Mentally preparing myself to write the worst fight scenes known to man