Chapter 18.5 - Hashira Meeting (2)

A/N:  How was your guys holiday break if you had one? I failed my maths exam (5 out of 6 classes did so it's fine we're rewriting it anyways :3) and I studied my ass off these last weeks. It's next week so wish me luck!!

————-

Recently on Conqueress of Demons...

Y/N then turned around, loosening her ponytail and letting her green locks fall over her shoulder as she walked away, the eyes of the Hashira following her figure. She walked around the courtyard until she found a large stone, sitting on top of it and crossing her legs and closing her eyes to meditate a bit. Just what was waiting for her in the future?

A soft breeze swirled around her as she started to meditate, a bunch of leaves where floating with it, the breeze carrying them through the courtyard. Taking a deep breath, Y/N started to focus on her thoughts, blocking out the noises around her. Many ideas and memories where floating through her mind right now, making it hard to concentrate on a single one. The black behind her closed eyelids turned into a swirl of colours as Y/N suddenly heard a voice call out to her. It was faint, but she would recognise this voice anywhere.

„Y/N.. it's been a few years since you died.. because of me. Even tho the others told me to not blame myself for your death.. I still think about it every day. If only you knew how much you meant to me.."

A wave of emotions cursed through the woman as she took in these words. The voice belonged to none other than the traveller. Aether. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself, wanting to hear that voice again. Was it her mind playing tricks on her? Was she hallucinating? She didn't know.

„The man who killed you.. his name is Dottore. He's one of the Fatui Harbingers. Of course, after I told the others about your death, Liyue's diplomatic ties with Snezhnaya worsened. But.. Tartaglia told me that Dottore was researching something.. a theory of his... that was-"

„Y/N?"

A soft voice pulled her out of her thoughts, Aether's voice in her head fading until it was quiet again. Her eyes snapped open, meeting deep blue ones.

„Are you alright? I've been trying to talk to you for 2 Minutes now.. The Master asked me to look for you. You and Kocho could leave now. The meeting is over."

Giyuu. Had he been here this entire time. His expression turned into one of concern.

„Are you.. crying, Y/N?"

The golden eyed woman blinked, feeling a single tear roll down her cheek. Her palms where sweaty and her chest felt heavy, like something was weighing down on her lungs.

„I.."

Her voice came out as a small whisper, before she shook her head.

„I'm fine. Just some unpleasant memories."

She lied. Standing up, the woman turned away from Giyuu, nails digging into her palm. What was that just now? Was she hearing things? How was she able to hear Aether's voice? It had to be her mind playing tricks on her. She was dead.. well, there, at least. Slowing down her breathing, Y/N turned towards Giyuu and nodded.

„Thank you for the info."

Giyuu nodded back, worry still swirling in his azure eyes.