Chapter 15.5 - Mount Natagumo (2)

Y/N offered her hand to the man named Murata, pulling him to his feet. The man nearly fell from how fast he was pulled up. She was pretty strong. She had quite the unapproachable aura so he didn't really want to talk to her, or he was too scared to do so. Y/N looked up at the sky as a weird noise could be heard. The black haired man next to her started shivering.

„N-No.. it's about to start again! The last time, before everyone attacked each other, we could also hear this noise! Believe me!"

The woman scanned her surroundings carefully, stepping a few feet apart from the other three. There. From a dark corner behind the trees. People. People where walking towards them, all of them wearing demon slayer uniforms. Some had blood dripping from their mouths, others had grave injuries. Most of them had their katanas unsheathed, one charging at Y/N. The attack was slow and sloppy so Y/N didn't even have to avoid or counter it. She simply caught the blade with her fingers, holding it between thumb and pointer finger. Applying pressure, Y/N easily shattered the blade, the parts falling to the ground. Murata looked at her wide eyed. She had just broken the blade of a katana with two fingers? Just how strong was she exactly? Meanwhile, Tanjiro and Inosuke where avoiding the attacks as well. Y/N let out a hum, looking over her shoulder.

„Some of them are alive. We should disarm them from now, to keep them from doing to much damage to anyone here."

Y/N's voice was serious and cold as she spoke, eyeing the attackers. Their movements.. they seemed like puppets. Their movements where uncalculated. Y/N spun her polearm in her hand, effectively slamming the handle against her attackers necks, knocking them out. She was just trying to see whether they really where being controlled physically or mentally. The body's of the ones she had knocked out started moving again. As they got up, Y/N saw another set of strings on their back, glinting in the moonlight.

„I see.."

She turned around, looking at Tanjiro, Inosuke and Murata. Tanjiro had seemingly figured it out as well.

„Strings! They're being controlled by strings!"

Y/N nodded at Tanjiro as she started cutting the attackers strings with her polearm. As she lowered the weapon, she felt a tingling sensation on her hand. A spider. Her face scrunched up as she turned her hand, crushing it in her palm and the wiping it on one of the attackers backs.

„The spiders! Y/N! The spiders are attaching the strings."

The woman walked up to Tanjiro, crushing a spider on his shoulder.

„I know. And I'm pretty sure that they are being controlled as well. I'll go find the demon controlling them. You keep these people in check. Okay?"

As soon as Y/N finished her sentence, a shadow was cast over them and an unknown voice spoke up.

„You dare to harass my family with your presence?"

Y/N's hand immediately held her polearm tighter. A demon. A short, relatively young-looking one. He mentioned his family.. did he have one?

„Actually.. why do I even care. Mother will kill you anyways."

Inosuke immediately tried to attack the strange demon but failed, not able to reach him since he was standing high up on strings. The demon looked down at them with a cold and emotionless gaze. Tanjiro looked at Y/N, eyes holding worry.

„Big sister! Do you think you can kill him?"

The demons eyes widened as he heard what the maroon haired boy  had said. Big sister? So the woman with the spear was his sister?

„You. Golden eyed woman! If you come with me I'll spare their lives if I come across them later."

Y/N raised a brow. Somehow, she wanted to listen to the boy. Something inside her told her to. She looked at Tanjiro, giving him a small nod.