Chapter 2.5 - Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki (2)

The girl was currently running behind Urokodaki, having no problem to keep up with him at all. Meanwhile, Tanjiro was really falling behind. Y/N had offered to carry him and Nezuko a few times, but he declined every time, saying "he needed to proove himself", making her roll her eyes. She understood the meaning of the test, still, she didn't like having Tanjiro fall behind. She slowed down, now casually jogging next to him.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry Nezuko?"

Tanjiro, once again, shook his head.

"No. I'll have to learn to do this myself, Nee-san."

The golden-eyed woman smiled softly as she heard him call her his older sister. It felt new. New but right. She felt appreciated. Just like he wanted her too. Jogging back to Urokodaki, Y/N looked at the man.

"You're quite fast.. pardon me but.. shouldn't you be slower for your age?"

She didn't get an answer. Rude. Y/N scoffed as she continued running, looking over her shoulder to see Tanjiro, who was seemingly lost in thought. Soon, they arrived at a small Hut, where Urokodaki lived. The maroon haired boy had fallen too his knees, panting and sweating.

"Sir? Do i pass your test?"

Y/N looked at Tanjiro, offering him a hand and pulling him too his feet. The sudden pull made the exhausted boy fall over, causing Y/N to catch him mid- fall. Urokodaki pulled of the hood he was wearing, revealing grey hair underneath as he opened the door.

"The real test hasn't even started yet."

The Adeptus looked at the man, raising a brow. She did not know how demon slayers where trained, but she would do her best to help Tanjiro through it. Urokodaki spoke once again, after Nezuko was placed on a Futon in the middle of the hut.

"We will hike up the mountain. Your sister and your companion will be safe here."

Y/N nodded to Tanjiro, a silent promise to keep Nezuko safe and guarded. A sigh left Tanjiro's lips. Soon, Tanjiro and Urokodaki departed, leaving Y/N and Nezuko in the hut. Y/N was sitting next to Nezuko's futon, lovingly stroking the girls hair, watching her sleeping figure. Looking down at her, she recalled the memories she had of her past life in teyvat. She was once but a slave. Enslaved and used by an evil god, Morax had freed her from his claws and made her and Adeptus. She had met her Family. The Yaksha.  Bosacius, the electro wielding Yaksha. Indarias, the fire wielding Yaksha, Bonanus, the water wielding Yaksha, Menogias, the geo wielding Yaksha and lastly her, Alatus or Y/N, the name that Morax had given her, the wind wielding Yaksha. They where her found family. The ones she could always rely on. They made her smile and enjoy her life. Yet, fate was cruel. All of them eventually left her, either succumbing to madness or dying in the war fought between archons. The war that had given Y/N what is called "karmic debt". Her karmic debt where the remains of old gods she had killed, haunting her. Yet, she promised to herself that she would never give in to the sweet seduction of her karmic debt. She would live. The sound of the door opening made Y/N snap out of her thoughts, looking at the intruder. It was Urokodaki. The man quietly walked in, looking at her.

"Do you want anything to eat, Child?"

Y/N raised a brow. 

"You call me a child, Mortal? Do you know-"

Urokodaki chuckled.

"Well, you behave like a child. At least a little.".

Y/N looked at him, face full of confusion. Why would someone say something like that?

"Well?"

Y/N cleared her throat.

"I do not need to eat. I'm not fond of.. normal food."

Urokodaki nodded and gestured to the futon next to Nezuko's as he pulled out a white nightgown and handed it to the Adeptus.

"Get changed and get some rest."

Y/N frowned but changed quickly as the man looked away before slipping under the covers of the futon. She didn't need sleep, or at least not much, but somehow, she was tired. Her green hair was sprawled out on the pillow as her lids became heavy, golden eyes slowly closing. A few hours after Y/N fell asleep, the door opened once again, revealing a rather beat up Tanjiro. He had bruises and cuts covering his whole body and his clothes where dirty. Breathing heavily, Tanjiro scanned the room, relaxing upon seeing his sister and Y/N sleep soundly. 

"I'm.. I am back."

With those words, he slid down the doorframe, the energy leaving him as he passed out on the floor. Urokodaki recalled the words in the letter Giyuu had written him:

Forgive my abruptness, Mr. Sakonji Urokodaki.

I'm sending a boy who wants to become a demon slaying swordsman your way. 

He is accompanied by a strange girl. I have never seen someone like her. 

He was brazen enough to attack me unarmed and she even managed to defeat me in combat.

His family was slaughtered by a demon and his remaining younger sister has become one. 

Still, i have determined that she will not harm humans.

The woman with them seems to be a sister like figure and a protector for both. 

I can sense something different about these three. 

Like yourself, the boy seems to have a keen sense of smell. The girl can use a strange source of power that might be able to kill a demon if my suspicions are correct. 

Perhaps one of them will find a way to break through and become your heir apparent.

I'm asking for you to train the boy.

I realize that this is a self-serving request, but please forgive me.

I hope that you will take good care of yourself in your endeavors.

Yours truly,

Giyuu Tomioka

Urokodaki smiled to himself.

"Alright. I will accept you as my student Tanjiro Kamado."

----

Taisho Secrets:

-Urokodaki thought Y/N's clothing was very odd

-Tanjiro has never seen Y/N sleep before

-Nezuko dreamt of Y/N making her flower crowns

-Urokodaki thought it was weird that Y/N calls him mortal but he deceided not to question it

----

A/N: Short Chapter whew! Apologies for any spelling mistakes, english isnt my first language :9