Intermission: (Late) Christmas Special🎄

A/N: Merry late Christmas Guys!! This shortie will be taking place out of the original timeline and in a modern setting! Basically an AU!

————-

Eyes opening rapidly, Y/N sat up in her bed, heart beating fast in her chest. Curse the IPhone alarm. It scared her every time. Rubbing her eyes, she turned her head, checking the weather outside her window. Snow.. It was snowing! A small smile made it's way onto Y/N's face as she stood up, stretching. It was Christmas morning, which meant she could finally see what Nezuko and Tanjiro thought of her presents. Walking over to her wardrobe, Y/N pulled out a tank top, slipping it on. Looking at herself in the mirror, she decided it would be sufficient and left her room. Walking down the stairs of their house, she reached the kitchen, a pleasant smell wavering through the air. In front of the stove stood Tanjiro, expertly flipping the pancakes in the pan. Smiling, Y/N walked up to him, a small yawn leaving her mouth.

„Morning.. Nezuko is still asleep?"

The boy nodded at his big sister, smiling brightly.

„Yep. I wanted to make breakfast for you. You always work so hard to take care of us, paying for the rent and the groceries.. so I thought I'd surprise you."

The woman patted his head, smiling softly.

„No worries. College and a part-time job isn't that hard.. and Kagaya gifted us the house, did he not?"

Kagaya was a friend of Y/N, the same one who'd throw a Christmas party later today. He was the head of the student council in her college and came from a family that was extremely wealthy. Since Y/N had told him about the situation of the two orphaned siblings, he arranged the house for them. Smiling to herself, Y/N sat at the kitchen counter, drinking her morning coffee.

„Still. You do so much for me and Nezuko. We owe you.."

Y/N shook her head, putting the cup down.

„Nothing. You owe me nothing, 'Jiro. I decided to take you guys in. I mean.. you are just a few years younger than I am, but still. You guys deserve a good education and a house to live in. And don't forget that Giyuu helped persuade Kagaya's family."

Tanjiro nodded gratefully, putting the pancakes onto three plates, already preparing one for Nezuko.

„Okay then. I can't wait to give you your present."

The older woman chuckled, looking at her younger brother figure.

„Don't forget the gifts for the others. We'll attend their party later. Can't wait to see Sanemi's face once he unwraps his."

A slightly evil smile spread over her lips as she drummed her fingers against the desk. Turning her head as she heard footsteps come down the stairs, Y/N saw Nezuko walking towards them. Opening her arms, she hugged the younger girl, kissing her forehead.

„Good Morning, Nezu. Slept well?"

The girl nodded, smiling at Y/N. The three are their breakfast and Y/N walked up into the bathroom to take a shower and get herself ready for the party. Stepping into the shower, she turned on the warm water, steam fogging up the glass. Y/N really enjoyed hot showers, since they helped her relax. Washing up, the woman stepped out, wrapping a towel around herself. A sigh left her lips as she saw the scars adorning her back and shoulders. She had grown up on the streets, fending for herself as an orphan, until she was taken into the orphanage and adopted by a kind middle-aged man named Zhongli. He worked at her college, as a history professor. He had raised her well, teaching her a lot about life and its hardships, but also about the importance of friendship and family. Smiling to herself, Y/N did a simple three step skincare routine before walking back into her room, picking what to wear. She decided on a knitted, cream coloured sweater and a long black skirt, a pair of tights and  legwarmers. After she finished dressing up, she grabbed her hair tie and walked back down the stairs. Tanjiro and Nezuko where waiting in the living room. Sitting down in front of Nezuko, Y/N handed her the hair tie, allowing her little sister to braid her hair. She could do it herself, of course, but she preferred Nezuko doing it. It was a small, loving gesture that had established itself between them. Getting up after Nezuko finished the braid, Y/N started to pack all the gifts for everyone into a huge bag, then proceeding to carry it outside and towards her car. Her eyes swept over their front yard, glued to the powder like snow coating everything. Maybe if it got thick enough, they could eat with syrup. Laughing to herself, Y/N out the bag into the car, beckoning for her siblings to get in. She walked up to the front door again, locking it. Excitement flooded her body as she got onto the driver's seat, starting the engine.