Past

"I don't understand why are you asking about him ?" Taehyung asks, his hands are shaking, and his eyes are holding unshed tears.

"Because before I get to know about everything...he...he..." Taehyung closes his eyes and leans back in his seat, his hands covering his mouth. Dr.Han stays still, waiting for a story.

"I ...I can't.." Taehyung says, tears rolling down his face, but his words are firm.

"Taehyung, please! We can't let go of another life like that!" Taehyung slammed his hands on the table, grabbing everyone's attention, Dr.Han was stunned to see him like that.

"I'm sorry...doctor, I just can't..." Taehyung starts to walk away but Dr.Han grabs his sleeves, she puts a file on the table, which Taehyung didn't notice that she was holding.

"I can't let him die on me..." She says, her head is low, and her words are strong.

"I need to know, to save him." She looks at Taehyung, her eyes glistening with tears as well. Taehyung pursues his lips and glances at the file on the table and then at her again, he takes a sharp breath before walking back to his seat, he soothes down his shirt before looking back at the doctor.

"Okay, I will talk but I won't go to the end..." Dr.Han nods, she wipes her unshed tears before getting ready to hear the story of saving a patient's life.

Dr.Han sat patiently as Taehyung tried to ready himself to talk. He glances at her from time to time and wets his lips, he looks nervous, of course, anyone would be.

"Okay, well..." He starts, he stares at his hands, he thinks for a second before opening his mouth.

"It was spring when they moved into our neighborhood, right beside my house." He starts with a small smile on his face now.

"It was so long ago that I can't believe the time has been so fast, it's nearly 2021." He exhales before looking up at her, she gives a sad smile as well.

"When he moved in, he was 5 years old, and so was I. My mom took me to greet the new neighbors and we met there." He says, looking back at his hands.

"He was shy at first, didn't want to talk but later on we clicked, he was just adorable, later I found out that he would be going to the same elementary school so I got excited." He stops, and his face turns a little.

"But ...the guys at school, bullied him...on the first day..I found him on the back of the school, crying, bruised on his knees..." His lips tremble, and he fidgets his fingers before speaking again.

"I told the teachers that he was getting bullied and the teachers solved the problem and it was well. He used to smile, laugh, and play with me and my friends. He was a big part of my life.." He exhales. Dr.Han stares down at her hands as well.

"Soon, we started to grow up. We started middle school and then on to high school, meanwhile, a lot changed became teens and our looks changed, we tried to act different and all..." A smile appears on his face.

"His face didn't change much, still had the adorable factor on his face but..." The smile vanishes on his face, and a sad mood appears.

"In middle school, his mom died...she had cancer and she died...so it took a toll on him. But he tried to be positive..tried to stay calm and happy .." Taehyung stops, he wipes his eyes, biting down his lips.

"But? Something happened?" Dr. Han asked, keeping her voice as soft as possible.

"His father...that man..turned to alcohol to ease his loneliness..." Taehyung says he licks his lips.

"When we started high school, he started to figure out himself, he got attracted to boys and started to go out with some...I tried to match up some with him, but he didn't say no since I supported him no matter what."