Nervousness

Chapter 5 | Nervousness

Rumors. Rumors, rumors, rumors. They spread around so effortlessly. Whether the truth or not, it always leaves to the uncertain to speculate and manipulate. Misaki didn't stick around after the performance and placed her distance from Bill and Legoshi. Bill because Louis had told her what Bill and Legoshi did in the bathroom, and Legoshi because of her newfound feelings.

Now with more context, thanks to Louis, her feelings grew as Legoshi was willing to fight Bill to give her justice. It wasn't the first time she had a crush, but all weren't that serious, and she was only saying she had one to fit in. But Legoshi, she had never met a guy who was this shy yet direct when saying what he wanted to say.

"The people who watched the second show are warping the story a lot," Makoto shared as Misaki sat with her, Mei, and Haru for lunch. "I remember the rumors mentioning about a machine gun?" Haru pointed out as Misaki stayed quiet as she was left to her thoughts. "Everyone just loves to mix up the story to make it sound cooler," Mei rolled her eyes.

"Can't you believe this, Misaki?" Mei asked but didn't get a reply. "Misaki?" Everyone looked at her and noticed that she hadn't touched her food. "Misaki," Makoto shook Misaki's shoulder. "Hmm?" Misaki looked and noticed them looking at her. "Are you alright? Did that performance scare you?" Makoto asked in worry. "Oh, um."

How can Misaki share that she just discovered her crush on the wolf that went apeshit for her yesterday?

"It's um. Complicated to share." Not wanting to share such details about her juniors, she kept shut. "The acting was so graphic. Her eyes were red and swollen when we met up with her again. We knew she had been crying," Makoto shared with the two. "You care about that wolf a lot, huh?" Mei smirked at the human. "Yeah, I do," Misaki shared honestly.

She might as well be blunt when they ask her about him. "You don't remotely even have a bit of feelings for the poor guy?" Mei asked as she sighed in frustration. "Who said that I didn't?" Misaki pointed out as she chewed her food, and it got eerily quiet.

She looked up and found them blinking at her. "Wow, you're very blunt. It's more different when you would say you have a crush on someone just to fit in," Haru pointed out. Misaki sighed. Of course, Haru would know that about her. "What makes Legoshi so different?" Makoto asked. "Well, that's the thing. It's complicated," Misaki ate her food again.

She would rather die than tell them when her awakening for the wolf happened.

"Now that I noticed, he isn't near our table anymore," Mei looked around for the wolf. "I'm sure he's somewhere else to eat his lunch. He doesn't like the attention," Misaki shared, not sharing that she's avoiding him too. How can she talk to him with this new knowledge?

A person courting him? No, no. She thinks it's too early as they've only known each other for a month. As a friend? Maybe, so that she can better understand her feelings and see if he feels the same way. Why is this so hard? How long is too long, and how long is too short?

🏹💘

A month later, it became summer as quickly as it could. Everyone was also most excited for the upcoming summer event, The Meteor Festival. "The town's community is asking us to be in charge of the Meteor Festival's Decorations again," Misaki shared as Sanu held up the official poster for the event.

"This will be another opportunity to spread our fame outside the school," she added. "Hey, this is a great honor, of course, we're going to do it, right?" Sanu asked. Everyone got excited to be outside finally and that seemed to answer Sanu's question. The ones that weren't looking happy for it were the production crew, especially the creative team.