Eight

"Some," he paused. "Well actually most of it. Your friend is pretty amusing," he said.

I blushed. "Im really sorry for her behavior... it's well... uh she's trying to get me to uh well um... talk and uhh..." I trailed off

His lips curved upwards.

Come on Izzy stop making a fool of yourself.

"Um. My friend wants me to meet up with someone..." I whispered.

He let out a small chuckle. "Oh really? And why is that?"

"Because she's freaking crazy," I sighed looking embarrassed.

"Do you want to sit?" He asked.

"Um..." I hesitated and looked over my shoulder looking at Jess.

She looked at me mouthing "fuck yes!!!!" And did fist pumps.

I blushed then turned back to the blonde male sitting infront of me. "Sure," I said and sat across from him.

"So I see its your birthday," he said.

I blushed a dark red. Great he noticed. Well it was pretty hard to miss wearing a sash and all. "Uh um yeah. I guess it is," I said embarrassed.

"How old are you?"

"18,"

"Well happy birthday love," he said. "My name is Caius. Whats your name?"

"Im Izzy," I said.

"Well Izzy its nice to meet you. Do you live in town?"

"No actually im from Oklahoma," I said. "What about you?"

"No italy on an extended stay for 6 months," he said. "Just arrived a week ago."

"Nice. Nice." i said not really knowing how to hold the conversation really leaving it up to him.

He smiled down at me. "So tell me about yourself?" He asked.

"Well... uh... I like to read and write. I graduated this year and am planning to start college in the fall. Dont exactly know what Im going to do yet but going to start with the basic reading, math, writing. Figure it out from there... I uh like animals... and um... I like to swim... I used to be a swim instructor and on the swim team in high school," I said. "Sorry Im not really good at this," I looked down blushing.

"Youre doing great," he chuckles. "Go on, just pretend Im your friend," he said in a soothing tone.

I blushed a darker red. I bit my lip. "I like science. I studied AP anatomy and physiology in highschool. I went to see an open heart surgery for my anatomy class. It was really cool..." I said.

"Do you want to be a doctor?" He asked.

"I dont know. I kinda want to work in psych," I said.

He nodded and watched me carefully.

"I'm not a very intresting person," I said.

"I think otherwise," he said.

"Uh why dont you tell me about yourself," I said trying to turn the subject away from me.

He chuckled and smiled. "Well my name is Caius as you know. Im 25, I live in Volterra Italy. My family is very large," he said.

I watched him carefully. It was clear he was editing things out. But I didnt mind. Im not going to push a complete stranger to tell me their life story.

"I also like to read, my favorite genre is history. I like to journal. I spend most of my time with my family," he smiled at me.

"What do you do in your day to day life,"