Seven

Today had been a log day. I was already exausted from walking around town and well, eating like everything. It was later in the evening, around 8:00pm and we had just gotten done at dinner and we were on our way to the bar. Why was I nervous?

"Chill Izzy, theres nothig to be worried about," Jessica said.

"It just feels weird being 18 and all. You know me I havent done anything like... prohibted," I mumbled akwardly.

"Girl, your not dong anythng llegal. Youre of drinking age. Have fun. Come on," she said grabbing my arm pulling me inside.

"Okay... okay... I'm comming, I'm comming," I said following close behind her.

"I dont even know what do order! I've never had any sort of booze before."

She shook her head. "Izzy chill, I'll order something for us. Hmmm what would you like?"

"I dont know," I said to her.

"Talking to myseff," she mused. "Favors you like... dont like?"

"Anything sour," I shrugged. "Or biter,"
I continued.

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Tropial?" She looked at me.

I shruged once again.

We went to sit down at a table near the front of the bar. There was a menu... or at least something that looked like a menu.

"See if anything spiles your intrest," she said. "Oh ths sounds good." She said pointing to a drink. "Sand Dollar Cocktails"

"Whats in it?" I asked hesitant.

"Smirnoff Vodka, Peach Schnapps,
Midori and southern comfort with pinapple juice, Orange juice and a splash of soda and Grenadine," she said.

"You know I have no idea what that is right?"

"You asked," she said.

"Let's give it a whirl," I said with a slight smile.

"Atta girl," she smiled and Stood. She headed over to the bartender. "Two Sand Dollar cocktails,"

"Alright 17" he said. She took out her card. "Want to start a tab?"

"Yes please," she said

I watched them as he made the drinks. They actually look really good. She walked back over to where we were sitting. "One Sand Dollars cocktail," she put the drink down infront of me.

"I looked at the drink carefully then grabbed the cold glass and took a sip. Oh it was actually really good.

"Like it?" She asked.

"Yeah. Its surprisingly good."

"Good first impressions eh?" She said

"Yes. You did a wonderful job choosing my first alcoholic beverage."

She giggled at my choice of words. "Cocktail," she said

I rolled my eyes at it.

"Lets do something fun,"

"More fun than this?"

"Yes. Go talk to someone. Anyone. One nighter,"

"No absolutely not," I said my cheeks burning red.

"Come on, three...."

"No. Hard no. Hard hard pass," I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Okay lets just settle for at least talking to someone," she nudged me.

"If I say yes will you stop,"

"Yes,"

"Then Ill talk to ONE person. Thats it. Nothing special got it?"

"Got it," she said.

"Youre real annoying sometimes you know that right?"

"Whats a best friend for?"

I rolled my eyes at her response. "Maybe after a few more drinks," I grumbled.

"Got it," Jessica replied. "Another round?"

"Sure. Bring it over," I said.

She stood and went over ordering some more. I shook my head. "What am I going to do with you," I mumbled.

I glanced around the room. "Yeah definitely a few more drinks," I sighed . I chewed on my lip.  I glanced over to see someone sipping on their drink, his lip's slightly curved up as he was smiling. He let out a quiet chuckle. He couldn't be laughing at me. Right?

He turned his head at me. Just enough to look subtle.

Yeah he was definitely laughing at me. I quickly looked away when his eyes met mine.

"Whatchya looking at," Jessica came back over.

"Nothing," my cheeks immediately burning.

She turned her head towards the guy I was looking at. He also looked away as soon as she turned her head towards him.

"Nice choice," she said.

"No!!!" I squeeked out and let my hair fall to the side hiding my face.

"Come on he's cute,"

"No," I whispered.

"Hes the nicest looking dude here. Ill let..."

"Shhhhhh," I hissed at her.

She giggled and sat down. I glanced over once again to see if he was still there mostly wanting to apologize for my friend's behavior. He was still there.  I took a deep breath.

"Go to him now... come on," she said.

"If I go over there its to apologize for your behavior," I grumbled.

"Want me to be more obnoxious?" She asked.

"No no," I said.

I heard another chuckle come from his direction. I picked my drink up and gulped down the rest of it. "Fuck it," I said and moved over to him.

He turned towards me "Hello," he said.

"How much of our conversation have you heard?" I sighed looking at him shyly.