One

Caius Pov

Year 1500

I knelt down by my beloved wife. She laid on the stone ground. I let out a cry of pure agony. She's dead. Gone. My love of my life is gone. Forever. I could barely force the words out of my mouth. "Shes dead,"

I still was struggling to comprehend that she was in fact gone. I could barely look at her. Her head detached from her body. Lifeless.

I took a shaky breath and pulled her lifeless body into my lap. "I will kill whoever did this to you. I promise my love. I promise," tears slid down my cheeks. This is the first time in centuries that I have cried. My first time. The day I awoke as a vampire.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you Athenadora, I'm so so sorry," I whispered as a laid one last kiss on her forehead. "I'll love you forever and always," I said and laid her body back on the ground.

I headed into our room and grabbed a bag, I shoved three days worth of clothes and everything that had special meaning to Athenadora and I.

I went into the front room area and picked her body up and carried her to the bedroom laying her in the bed. Then I gently removed her ring and the chain necklace. Carefully I opened the clasp and put the ring on the chain and clipped it behind my neck.

I then covered her with the blankets and I went over to light a match and I lit the bed on fire. "I love you Athensdora. I hope we meet in another life," I whispered once more before I grabbed my bag and left the room. I took a deep breath soaking in all of the scents.

The trail of the vampire wasnt that hard to follow. It ended about three miles down north. It led me to a man. I wouldnt even call him a man. An idiotic pathetic child. He was around the age of 15.

"You!" My voice boomed echoing down the ally.

The young boy dropped the human he was feeding on. He snarled at me. I sauntered towards him. "You killed my wife." I yelled slamming him against the brick wall.

He let out a grunt. "I dont know who you are talking about," he said pushing.

I grabbed onto his throat. "You. Killed. My. Wife," I said slowly making my words very clear for him to understand.

"Oh you mean the blonde? She was taking my food. It gave me no choice," He pushed against me but he failed at getting me away.

"There are thousands of people in this city. You couldve easily chose someone else,"

"So could he," a smirk was on his face.

"Youre dead," I said simply.

I bit into his neck tearing out a piece of his throat. I wanted every second of his death to be agonizing. I want him in pain.

He let out a cry of pain.

"I will make every second painful. I will show no mercy," I said and tore another chunk out of his neck. "I want you to suffer,"

"If you do so you are as bad as I am,"

"I dont kill vampires over nothing!" I yelled at him. "Athenadora did nothing wrong. You killed an innocent girl,"

He let out a cough blood coming out of his neck where I bit.

"Youre to weak to kill me," he threatened.

"Oh am I?" I let out a disgusted laugh. I pushed him away from the wall and slammed him on the ground pinning him. "I will tear you up one peice at a time. Where shall we start? An arm? A leg?" I mused.

"I..." He began to speak and struggle but before he could say anything I tore off his arm.

He let out a scream. "Im too weak? Wanna re-think that?"

Once again he tried to speak but I didnt give him a chance. I tore off his other arm. "I love this pretty picture, pathetic. I could do whatever I wanted to you and you couldnt do a thing. You have no arms. What are you going to do know,"

His face showed pain. "No dont," he said as he tried to kick me off when I grabbed a hold of his ankle.

"Why should I? Give me one good reason?"

"I...I..."

"Hmm cant think of one?" I said and easily ripped both his ankles off. One by one.

I listened to his screams and I enjoyed every second of it. I grabbed onto his head. "Youre pathetic," I said before tearing off his head.

I took a step back and admired my work.