Chapter 15 - The Origin and The Legacy

(Image Credit: She Already Shut Her Eyes, Fu Xuan LC Artwork. Original by miHoYo, Expanded one by u/Professor_Hemlocke on reddit.)

Hand signals, the flow of neon streaks, the mystic sound of magic whirring, and the Master Diviner at the center of it all. Fu Xuan worked diligently to locate the soul of Solomon Persephone amongst all the souls of the deceased in the Xianzhou.

"Ten Lords of Old, forgive my intrusion; I must travel between the planes of the deceased and the living; I plead for your permission."

A soft rumbling quaked the ground, followed by beams of light curving around the air and lighting up a matrix of runes that surrounded Fu Xuan.

The trio eagerly watched the scene unfold before them, but they also began to fear the possibility of their plan being for naught–Well, Kafka maybe not so much. After all, she is nihilistic about this entire situation given her lack of emotion for consequence. The fears of Jing Yuan and Y/N were only further justified once they heard Fu Xuan physically straining herself trying to keep the magic together.

Once it became abundantly clear that this method of brute forcing through the matrix wasn't possible, Fu Xuan turned to her plan B–Open up the gateway between the two realms entirely.

Her changing hand motions accompanied the sudden shift of energy around the matrix, causing a stronger rumbling and more erratic beams of light to trace around the scenery. Y/N cautiously inspected the nearby surroundings to ensure that they weren't causing a commotion large enough to attract attention, and yet his gaze was drawn to a flower by some decorative pots.

Jing Yuan noticed the man's fixation, a fixation so strong he eventually left the scene and approached the flower. "What are you doing? We can't just leave her here..." Jing Yuan's answers were immediately answered once he realized the flower lit up in short bursts at a time, bursts that curiously matched the rhythm of Fu Xuan's magic.

Y/N gently used his finger to push the flower up to an upright position. "...A spirit blossom... But the souls had just recently bloomed. You don't think Fu Xuan is...?" His thoughts and words were interrupted by a symphonic hum and an uninterrupted glow of the matrix' floor. Fu Xuan's magic had stabilized, and with it the flower stood tall, bloomed, and glowed the familiar white it was iconic for during the festival of the Florescence of Souls.

In the background, Fu Xuan walked up to the robotic Cycrane and gestured at it with her glowing hand. "Solomon Persephone, the Wandering Soul. Possess this body, and your sins will be absolved."

The Cycrane suddenly took flight and erratically moved through the air. The trio approached Fu Xuan upon hearing the commotion. The Diviner gave the three of them an approving nod. "Wait for the soul of the deceased to stabilize. Then we can talk." She said.

The Cycrane crashed by Y/N's feet, who promptly leaned down and helped it stand. The bird's head gave the four people staring down at it a curious gaze for extended periods before realizing that it could vocalize and communicate. "W-where am I? Who are you?"

"Solomon." Jing Yuan replied. "You have been revived thousands of years since your demise."

"Only temporarily. Make haste, this magic won't last for long." Fu Xuan interrupted.

Jing Yuan gave her a quick glance and an understanding nod. Realizing they were playing with ticking time, he decided to skip all pleasantries. "Tell us everything you can about the Abundance–the mara-struck, if possible." Jing Yuan commanded .