"Okay. I..um.. Are you okay didi? You don't look fine to me?" She asks.

"I am doing okay. I'll be better when we get to settle everything back to the way it was." She says looking ahead, as she adds,
"We have to Brinda. We can't fail now after working so hard for so many years."

¤¤¤¤¤

It has been years since he last visited their old mansion

It has been years since he last visited their old mansion. He has heard Pratima ji saying something about Daivik visiting it sometimes because of the head office being in Delhi. The head office is actually the first and foremost office building of the Nagpati Empire. His grandfather built it, which was later run by his father Mr. Agni Raj Nagpati. Agni had almost the same facial features of Daivik. A beautifully sculpted face with a pair of honey brown eyes but his personality was more similar to Ritwik's. One can say that Ritwik Raj Nagpati was a true creation of their father. The lack of emotion, the aloofness, the rudeness, he has given everything to Ritwik apart from one single thing: his arrogance. The only thing Daivik Raj Nagpati inherited from his father.

Manik, on the other hand, was nothing similar to any of them. He inherited no qualities of his father or his brothers. He was different. He was positive, optimistic and happy. Something that the present version of Manik finds impossible to relate to. He, in true sense, has become what Vincent has named him: Vulcan. Because the fire within him keeps spreading and growing everyday, consuming him, consuming everything around him. The difference between the God of fire and him would be that one knows how to control his powers and one doesn't.

He had to leave Nagpati Mansion, because he was loosing it and he felt it himself. The fact that he had a full proof plan of abducting Pihu forcefully and having no control over it, made him realize he is becoming something way beyond everyone could think of. If only he didn't receive the call from one of his men informing him about the situation in Bangalore he would've been back at Switzerland by now, with Pihu in his arms. Where no one, no f*cking person could've found them, no one could have taken her away from him. When the guy over phone told him how her centers were being burned down, her hard work being destroyed, a fight began within him. Where one part of him was ready to kick aside everything and seize her away from the world, the other still reasonable part kept arguing until it won. The first thing he did was sending Leo and Purnit to inspect the situation. The moment they confirmed it he had to let her go, he had to see her leaving while continuously fighting within himself. And when she finally left that's when the weight of what he was about to do fell on his shoulders. He was ready to kidnap a woman forcefully just a few hours ago. Who is he becoming?

He stops outside the huge gate of their mansion. The age old initials of his father's name still carved on the head of the metal gate : 'A.R.N'. The guards open the gates for him and he drives inside. An unsettling feeling keeps lingering somewhere deep within him. As if something is about to happen, is about to change. He takes a deep breath and keeps driving. The mansion complex is divided into three parts, the main mansion is set at the very center, at its left is the staff's quarters and at its right is the huge garden where both his parents were buried. The entire compound is filled with trees, long, untouched, wild and free. He stops infront of the widespread staircase that leads to the main door. He needs to be alone, to find out what's happening to him, to identify himself, to find out a solution, to find out the root of all these things and most of all.....to understand his demons.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Do you really think it can help him? He has been alone before, Arjun. What has that done to him?" Daivik asks looking worriedly at Arjun who sits beside Teressa on the couch. The glass table is set between them. On the opposite couch sits both Daivik and Ritwik. Teressa looks at Arjun while petting her dog Bruno absentmindedly, who seems fast asleep.

"It has to. Think about it, before coming here he was fighting with something he couldn't understand but right now he has a purpose to look forward to. He has found a connection that matters to him more than anything else." Arjun says.

"You mean Pihu." Ritwik states, as he places his fist on his lips.

"Yes. The little insecurities buried deep within him was triggered the day Teressa chose Dev over him. He was just a normal man, looking forward to a bland, extremely normal and monotonous relationship. Just like every other person. His life was as plain as this surface and he expected nothing more. He was happy with it. But you two here changed everything for him." He points towards both Ritwik and Daivik. Ritwik clenches his eyes shut as Daivik looks at Teressa. She is sitting like a stone, her puffy eyes are proof enough of what she is going through every day. The guilt within her is devouring her everyday and both the brothers and Arjun knows it very well. A small drop of tear rolls down her cheek when Arjun turns around and looks at her sadly. He slowly raises his hand and wipes the tear away.

"Look at me Teressa." He commands and Teressa looks up at Arjun, who has become more than a brother to her. He is her guardian and she loves it that way, that she still has someone who she can call her family.

"You could do nothing about it. He was your friend, the closest one at that. You loved him but that love had a boundary. Why? Because you were predestined to meet Dev. You chose Dev because you've always loved him that way, from a life before this one. The entire world can scream at us saying we are some crazy people, but we know what we know. And you are no God to change what's already set to happen. All of us are entangled in this shitty fate. You can't help it." Arjun says looking at her.

"All of us? You mean Manik is also a part of this?" Teressa asks worriedly. That's when he looks at the twins and they look at him holding their breath. Arjun releases a deep sigh.

"Yes, he is." He says and Teressa's eyes widen as Daivik covers his face with his hand and Ritwik clenches his eyes shut.

"Not only him but that girl you appointed years back as a teacher in your pre-school, Dev. Seems like someone above is having true fun seeing us this miserable. Your brother is equally ill fated Rik, possibly even worse, combining both of yours and Pihu is an integral part of his fate. The most important part in my opinion." Arjun explains worriedly. Daivik slowly looks at him suspiciously.

"And how do you know all these? Don't tell me that you knew it all along again? I might punch you to death this time." Daivik says furiously. Arjun looks up at him and utters,

"I knew it all along." And with that a hard punch lands on his jaw.

"Dev! Stop! What's wrong with you?" Teressa shouts.

"This piece of shit couldn't aware us earlier? What was stopping you this time?! You can't possibly have another sister, you f*cker!" Daivik growls as he keeps punching.

"For the first time in my entire life span, I agree with Dev. You deserve this. Punch the shit out of him brother. I'll cheer for you." Ritwik says looking at the two fallen men on the floor. Teressa looks at Ritwik with disbelief.

"Are you guys for real? Stop it right now! We need a solution, we need both of them to be safe and happy perhaps. Fighting amongst each other will lead us nowhere." Teressa says folding her hands over her chest. To which both the twins look at her in a trance, as if they weren't fighting a few seconds ago.

She slowly walks to Arjun who keeps looking at the ceiling while he remains on the floor. She kneels beside him and looks at him worriedly.

"Last time you wanted to protect me so you didn't spill a word to Dev or Rik. I understand. But who are you protecting this time dada? You're scared and I can see that." She whispers to him as she carefully touches his shoulder. To which a drop of tear falls out of his eyes and a small gasp leaves Teressa's mouth as her eyes widen in realization.

_________________________________________
A/N

My lovely readers,
I didn't show up for a long few days and couldn't update as well. Sometimes you find it difficult to organize your thoughts and imaginations, I was going through one of those phases. Sorry it took so much time. I truly hope you like it though.
And ....
If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. ❤🙏