chapter 5: competitive wolf

Start from the beginning

Later when everyone had calmed down, they watched a movie and played games. Then they did makeovers while playing Truth or Dare.

"Truth or Dare?" Bubbles asked Buttercup eagerly.

"Hmm...Truth," Buttercup decided. She looked like she didn't really care, as she was a little too busy trying to beat Bliss in a card game...

Bubbles held in her "squee" as she smirked confidently. "So~ What were you doing walking home on your own and taking so long?" She was getting her revenge on BC for keeping her in the dark earlier*.

Buttercup blinked in surprise, nearly dropping her cards. She flushed red. "I...I was just..." She trailed off as her voice dropped: "I was just talking to Butch."

"Ooh~!" all the girls cooed.

"I was only apologizing for being a jerk this morning!" she snapped.

The cooing got louder. "Ooooh~!"

"Since when did BC apologize for anything?" Blossom teased.

Buttercup rolled her eyes. "I hate all of you." Despite this, she couldn't hide her small smile.

They all laughed, chatting excitedly with one another for the rest of the night.

The next morning was a major drag for Butch.

"BUTCH; I WANT YOUR ASS UP AND OUT OF BED IN TWO MINUTES!"

"Ugh, Brick. No more about asses, please. I've had enough of dicks." Butch yawned, stretching as he scratched his chest. He felt tired.

Brick appeared, holding a shirt and with his arms folded. "Well, you better be downstairs soon."

"Okay, okay. Now get outta here so I can change and stuff." Butch crawled out of bed, fumbling for his phone. "What time is it?"

Brick smirked. "I was nice enough to let you sleep in for a few minutes. It's currently 7:45."

"Damn! You could've woken me up sooner."

"What?" responded Brick, shrugging. "Yesterday you got mad at me when I woke you up at 7:30. Is it really that hard to satisfy you?"

"Okay, okay. I got the message." Rolling his eyes, Butch grabbed a pair of jeans and slipped them on. He gestured with his hands. "Now out."

"I'm going, I'm going." Brick disappeared out the door, putting his red shirt on.

Meanwhile, Butch went to the bathroom to wash up. He brushed his teeth and washed his face, before spending a few minutes fussing over his hair. It had gotten longer.

After brushing it a bit Butch made his way back to his closet. He dug around until he found a fresh, clean uniform

"Butch...!"

"I'm coming; Jesus Christ man!" Butch shouted back.

"Since when was I Jesus?" Brick responded sarcastically.

"It's an expression." Butch appeared at the top of the stairs, rolling his eyes. He flew down and zoomed into his seat. "What's on the menu, Boomer?"

"Monsieur, you are just in time to try out these  omelettes!" Boomer did a mock bow as he set a plate down in front of Butch.

"It looks..." Butch's eyes widened as he rubbed his hands together, grinning.

"...Delicious". cried Buttercup,

"You can say that again ". Bliss agreed, stabbing a fork into the omelette and shoving it into her mouth. She began chewing her food, looking blissful―which totally fit her name. "I'm in heaven," she sang.