CHAPTER-17 Escape-part 2

Start from the beginning

“Oh, yes, please, hurry! Take my hand, my lady,” Grey urgently whispered, his voice filled with anticipation. As Carol's delicate fingers intertwined with his, a dazzling beam of radiant light burst forth from the mystical gem nestled between their palms.

In a breathtaking instant, the luminescence enveloped them, whisking them away from their mundane reality and transporting them to an enchanting realm deep within a lush forest. As Carol's eyes landed on Chloe, her heart swelled with happiness.

There she was, standing amidst a group of majestic horses and heaps of luggage, waiting for them. Without a second thought, Carol ran towards her, arms outstretched, ready to embrace her sister.

“Chloe!” she exclaimed, her voice filled with pure joy. The two friends locked in a tight embrace, relishing the warmth of each other's presence.

“I am so happy that you made the right decision to come, Carol. Otherwise, that monstrous misty would have trapped you there forever.”

Carol's heart sank as she broached the subject of Ragnarök. The joy that had filled her just moments before was replaced with a deep sadness that seemed to consume her. Her eyes grew. Chloe, perceiving her sister's uneasiness and the underlying cause of her sadness, tactfully shifted the conversation towards their escape plan.

“ The finest knights and their trusty steeds, handpicked from Hemsworth's elite ranks, shall accompany us on our journey to the border of Hansel. It is there, in the blessed land under divine protection, that you shall find the utmost safety and sanctuary, sister.”

“ Chloe, I am grateful for your help. Although I am the older one, I appreciate your support and kindness. How can I repay you for your generosity?”

“Repay us by treating me with kindness and respect, and by allowing us some privacy, my lady,” Grey interjected, trying to improve the situation.

They both give him a disdainful look, saying,
“Lord Grey, please refrain from interfering in our conversation.”

“How can you be so oblivious, Sir Grey?”

With his head hung low and his shoulders slumped, he found himself sulking on the ground, trying to shield himself from the hurtful remarks. It was as if the weight of their insults had become too heavy to bear, and he was left feeling utterly defeated.

“Anyway, we should get going! The emperor must have noticed your absence and sent guards to pursue us. It takes three days by carriage to reach the border from the capital.”

As the sun began to set, the once lively atmosphere of the carriage slowly dissipated, replaced by a somber mood. Grey's voice was low and steady as he spoke, his words carrying a weight that silenced even the most talkative of the group. Chloe and Carol sat in silence, their eyes fixed on the knight as he led them on his horse, flanked by his loyal companions.

The sound of hooves against the dirt road echoed through the quiet countryside, the only noise to be heard as Grey spoke of the dangers that lay ahead. His words were filled with caution and warning, his voice laced with the gravity of the situation. The two women listened intently, their minds racing with thoughts of what was to come. Despite the seriousness of the conversation, the beauty of the surrounding landscape was not lost on them.

The rolling hills and fields of wildflowers were bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun, casting a golden hue over everything in sight. It was a stark contrast to the dark and ominous tone of Grey's words, but somehow it only added to the sense of urgency that hung in the air. As they rode on, the group fell into a contemplative silence, each lost in their thoughts. The only sound was the gentle rustling of leaves and the occasional chirping of birds.