Chapter 18 - Daddy?

Start from the beginning

He hits the railing and looks at me with wide eyes as I plummet to the ground. I activate my glide and large chicken wings sprout from my back, I fly myself down the street leisurely. I hear Tony roaring out a scream behind me. I dive to the ground and quickly begin to run full speed. Why are they doing this? What the fuck is going on? Why were my skills so on edge?

I need to hide. Something feels off. Leaping over a street, clearing the cars people yell at me in fright. I zig zag through the crowd. Snatching a jacket someone was selling and sliding it on. Using my claws I chop off my hair as I flee, snagging a hat and glasses as well. Leaping over another street I pant loudly like a fleeing rabbit. Finding a dense crowd I slide myself in, using my mouse skill silent steps. I cover myself with the hood keeping my eyes locked onto the ground.

"Shit shit shit!" I hear Tony's robotic voice as he lands, looking through the crowd frantically. Jarvis scanning faces, I turn and walk away at a normal pace. My heart racing in my chest. "Fuck! Lexi! Come back! It's not safe!!" He calls out to me and I walk down the street out of sight. My skills telling me it's only safe when I'm out of the city.

- Tony POV -

"Shit. Jarvis send the containment." I tell my AI, booking it to her room to try and buy some time. For the past three months I've built a special facility just for her to keep her safe. I designed a special iron man suit that launches itself at her. Enveloping her and controlling her movement, similar to a straight jacket. It would allow us to get her to the facility.. I know she wouldn't go willingly...

What I didn't expect was for Steve to come up behind her and fuck it all up! I had a plan goddammit! She booked it to the patio and jumped off of a fucking building! If I sent the containment armor she would just plummet, it's not made for flight with a person.. Just rocket propulsion to arrive and contain its target.

- Lexi POV -

I managed to make it out of the city. Having gotten a good chunk of money out of a couple ATMs using Stark's card I had in my cheek. I took the maximum allotted amount and stored it in my skill just in case. He no doubt tracked me so I had to book it once I got the cash. He's probably having Jarvis monitor CCTV in zoos in New York as well.. So I need to get far away and off grid for a while. Using the cash I took I got a greyhound to California. Deciding to visit zoos and aquariums there, maybe even go into the desert and find some animals.

- California Zoo -

"Yeah, life's been really hectic lately Lancelot." I tell the beautiful Harpy Eagle as he perches in his pen. Eagerly listening to me.

'You humans and your problems.. Goodness gracious.' The eagle shakes his head with a fond smile.

"Humans are wastes of space if you ask me. We ruined this planet." I say and the bird nods his head in agreement.

'Your structures have gotten quite large and animals too few I hear.' 

"Yeah.. Animals used to run wild over two hundred years go.. Then we massacred them.." I say with a sigh, a bunch of people look at me weird. I shrug it off.

Lancelot the Harpy Eagle - Flight
With massive wings you are able to fly the skys.

My eyes widen in surprise as I look at the notification. Holy shit!! Awesome!! 'Get something interesting?' Lancelot asks with a smirk, having told him about my gift.