𝟎𝟎𝟖 - slightly chilly

❝ mason thames, the greatest third wheel  ❞

mason thames, the greatest third wheel

warnings .. mentions of underage drinking

THE WATER WAS cold on kia's body

THE WATER WAS cold on kia's body. if she knew any better, she wouldn't be in a pool while the weather was 65 degrees out. though they weren't at the new york port anymore, even in the middle of an ocean, december air is december air.

goosebumps formed all over her arms. "move around to get used to it." brady said, moving his body closer to hers.

"i would if i could. i think my body is freezing from the inside out." she smiled, brady smiled back.

"my little overreacter" the boy said.

this made kia go absolutely feral. she widened her eyes as a blush crept onto her face.

"gross." mason interrupted. wandering away from the two of them.

once finally getting used to the water, they continued to swim for the next few hours. back and forth laps, talking about every little thing going on in each others lives. the group of five had grown close and almost fond of eachother.

something about being stuck on a boat for two weeks straight really brought them close. the girls (even hannah), had grown ever closer to the noon twins than expected.

going back to the room that night, hannah wouldn't shut up.

"omg and connor said that he loved my swim suit!! can you believe that?"

"i thought you hated this kid." kia responded, giggling slightly by how excited the girl was.

"well yeah i do. pissed me off that he looked at it, yknow?" hannah changed her tone of voice. kia laughed a bit more before the two went quiet.

it had been normal for them to have silence. yet, it was never awkward. always peaceful and calming. almost.. comfortable.

5 days later

5 days later..

THE DAYS HAD gone by in a blur. constant swimming, dancing, movie nights, and icecream runs had tired the group out quite fast. they all had fallen in love with the idea of their "cruise friend group".

"did you know they don't ID here?" connor asked, turning himself towards hannah after grabbing his waffle.

"seriously?" truly, if hannah knew sooner, the girl would've been black out wasted every night.

"i'm being so deadass." he responded. the two walked over and sat with brady and kia. mason had been having multiple "family days" on the cruise, leaving it hard for them to see him everyday.

"did you guys know that they don't ID on the ship??" hannah asked, making sure she wasn't the only one that connor didn't tell.

the two shook their heads. hannah let out a sigh of relief.

"i think i know what we're doing tonight." brady smirked slightly, kia smiled back at the boy.

DELILAH SPEAKS !

——

such a short chapter i'm soooo sorry :(

i'm lowk having writers block with this book right now, but js wait bc ik where i'm trying to move this book.