*・゜゚・*:.。.:* Chapter 2! *:.。.:*・゜゚・*

*・゜゚・*:.。.:* warning!! *:.。.:*・゜゚・*

tw: attempted suicide, traumatic pasts... the usual drama

What if someone does take her away one day?

What if she leaves me for something like love?

What if she decides to push everyone and everything away?

It was the same answer for every question Rai had in his head: I'll be alone.

He was sitting on his bed, staring blankly outside the large window in front of him. He was waiting for Kenji to finish his turn in the shower. Absentmindedly, he recounted what had happened when he and Himari were 13.

Himari wasn't in the house, and when Rai called her, she didn't reply. He walked outside and saw the park in the distance. There was a figure standing on top of a car tire under a tree. Hung on the tree branch was a noose.

"Onii-chan!" a young Rai yelled. But Himari didn't even glance at him.

She slowly stepped on her tip-toes and grabbed the ring section of the noose.

Rai ran to her as fast as he could.

Himari put her head in the ring and secured it around her neck.

Now that Rai was closer, he could see that she was crying. Tears streamed down her cheeks and it hurt Rai to see his older sister in such sadness and pain.

"Onii-chan!! Don't leave me!"

"Rai-chan..." Himari said in an oddly calm tone. "Don't watch. Please..."

"NO!!" Rai screamed. He grabbed her legs as she was about to step off the tire.

"Rai, NO! LET ME LEAVE!" she screamed.

"I can't live without you, Onii-chan!!" Rai was crying now too. Himari kicked and cried in vain. Rai was stronger than her and pulled her away from the noose.

"I'M GOING TO LIVE AND DIE IN PAIN! LET ME DIE FASTER!" Himari screamed hysterically.

"I'm sorry, Onii-chan! But I need you!" he choked out.

The siblings fell to the ground, getting all dirty.

"I'm sorry!" Rai kept saying. He hugged his sister. "I'll be alone without you! I'm sorry for being selfish!"

Soon, the two calmed down, both dirty and soaked in tears.

"Why?" Himari finally asked. "Why do you need me if I'm just a hassle to you? Why do you need me if you're the favorite child anyway?" She said the last question with bitterness that scared Rai.

"I need you because I love you, Onii-chan," he replied in a hoarse voice. "I-I don't want to be alone..."

Himari realized how selfish she was being. "I'm sorry, Rai-chan. I-I didn't think of the consequences," she said in a gentler voice. "I just wanted Oka-san to love me like she loved you..."

Rai sighed. As much as his mother was so protective of him, he hated her with a passion.

"I'm sorry I was jealous... I'm sorry I scared you... I'm sorry—"

"You have nothing to be sorry of, Onii-chan," Rai said firmly. "It— It's not your fault you're treated unfairly."

Himari looked at his tear-streaked face. "Rai... You have a good heart. But you can't save everyone. No matter how much you try... The world will still be unfair. Life is unfair."