Battle For Trost (1)

3rd person's Pov.:

Bells were ringing, soldiers shouting and the people were trying to run towards the inner gate. The information that the outer gate was destroyed spread like a wildfire through trost as everyone was panicking and the soldiers had a difficult time guiding them.

Meanwhile in the Headquarters. Armin was currently trying to fill up his gas canisters. Emphasis on trying. His hands were shaking too much for him to do so.

"Armin, what's wrong?" A concerned Eren asked him.

"I-- Don't worry about it. Just give me a second for my nerves to settle. This is bad, isn't it? There's a hole in the wall, eight meters wide and we don't even remotely have any means to plug it. That huge boulder near the front gate was our best bet, but we couldn't even figure out how to move it. Unless we seal the breach, the entire city is as good as dead!" Armin explained. His hands shook even more and a look of despair was present on his face. "How long do you think before they take wall rose? Seriously, how long? Think about it. If they wanted to, they could easily whipe humanity out in an afternoon!"

Suddenly Armin's arm was grabbed. Looking up he could see (Y/n) standing there, who was slightly out of breath.

"(Y/n)!" Mikasa said releaved.

'Thank god he's alright. If anything had happened to him.....' Her thoughts trailed off a bit.

"Huff. There you guys are. I was looking for you all the whole time." He gently took armins other arm as well and carefully guided him to connect the canister with the refill station. "Keep calm Armin. Loosing our cool now would only bring us harm. I know the situation looks bad, really bad. But we need to start making preperations. We can worry later about plugging the hole. For now we should focus on evacuating the civilians. Okay?" He spoke in a calm voice.

"......S-Sorry. I'm okay now." Armin calmed down a bit, focusing on refilling his canister now.

"Mikasa. Eren. Everything alright with you two? Mostly you, eren. After all, you were there when the collossal attacked." (Y/n) stood up and asked the other two now.

"Yeah. It's just...... It was just suddenly there! And before I could even land one hit, it disappeared again!" Eren explained with in an angry tone.

Mikasa just nodded at him, signalling that she's fine.

"We'll get him someday, don't worry Eren. For now we should stock up on supplies and wait for orders. Going in there without a plan would only end up in our deaths." (Y/n) said to them.

They all nodded, though eren a bit reluctantly.

*Timeskip*

"I want everyone split into four squadrons, as practiced! All squadrons are responsible for supply-running, message relay and enemy combat under the command of the garrision regiment!" A commander, who looked like he would shit himself any moment now, said.

"The Intercept Squadron will be taking the vanguard. Cadets will be taking the middle guard, led by the support squad. Rear guard will go to the elites. I expect you all to man your posts knowing that the Advance team has been wiped out." He explained, shocking everyone present. "That's right! The outer gate is history. The Titans are in! This means the 'Armored Titan' will most likely reappear. If and when he does, the inner gate will also be history."

The crowd was muttering to themselves. Some being despaired by the situation or others trying to tell themselves that this is just a dream.

"QUIET!" The commander yelled, silencing the chattering. "Right! Those in the vanguard, be ready! The whole area is well-nigh saturated. Your mission is a simple one: Defend the wall, till evacuation's done! Now, beware that desertion is punishable by execution! If it comes down to it, lay down your lives! Dismissed!"