Snow Angel

3rd person's pov.:

A few months went by. During that time the leafs began to fall and soon after the first snowflakes fell down. Now the snow reaches up to ones knees and a snowstorm is raging.

And to the cadet's 'luck', shadis decided that they had to march from their camp to another one through the snowstorm. To add to that, it also was graded. So if you don't pass this test, you fail....and quite possibly die.

Shadis put each one of the cadets in small groups. Each start fifteen minutes after the group before them.

(Y/n) was put in one group with Krista, Ymir and Daz. He liked to talk to Krista alot. Ymir on the other hand was always glaring daggers at him, whenever Krista's attention was on him and not on HER! 

And he barely knew daz to be honest.

"Urgh. Why does it have to be you of all people?" Ymir complained.

"Huh?! What was that?!" He looked at her annoyed

"You know exactly what I mean! You're gonna distract krista during training with all that talking to her! You better keep your distance from her!" They bashed heads together.

"Says you! You're the one who always hangs around her like a leech."

"Huh?! What was that you punk?!"

"You heard me, Freckles!"

To say that they didn't like each other, would be an understatement. Whenever it was about krista, it ended in a situation like that. Krista and (Y/n) were always talking about all kind of different things and enjoyed each others company. Sometimes (Y/n) even helps her out with training, when he doesn't have to train with annie himself or has other plans that day. Speaking of her...

"Please stop it!" Krista got inbetween them and seperated them from each other. "You need to stop fighting at every chance!" She complained with a cute pout. That made the other two stop immediatly, gaining smiles.

"Haha! You're really cute when you do that. You look like a small bunny." He said.

"Heh. That's adorabe. Come on, give me a hug." Ymir said, but then turned angrily to (Y/n) again. "Keep your paws away!"

"What are you even complaining about?! You could as well have landed in a team like them over there." He pointed behind himself.

Standing there, Annie and Mikasa stared at each other with murderous intent. Eren and Armin were standing at the side, as far away as possibe. 

Over the last months they built a bitter rivalry. It all started when annie started training with (Y/n). Mikasa didn't like that. Not one bit. Annie also didn't like that mikasa always came to them during their training. It also somehow started to bother her how close mikasa always was to him. So when the time for hand to hand combat training came again, they fought.

The cadets watching them that day, described it as two monsters fighting. Legends around them were created and some cadets even left camp out of fear that day. It was only stopped when shadis interfered. By then they both were already a bloody mess, but still tried to go at each other. Four other cadets had to hold them back. Four for each of them.

Since then they were forbidden from fighting. That still didn't stop them from hanging out with (Y/n). Mikasa was like an open book with her feelings for him and would always try to hold hands or cuddle. Annie on the other hand was still conflicted with her own feelings and had a more subtle approach, so she would just hang out with him at training or sometimes at the eatery. Annie didn't talk much during that and would try to keep her cold persona, but would always think back to the infirmary which broke the ice and made her blush sometimes.