Calm Before The Storm

3rd person's pov.:

Three years after the Training started.

Today was the day where the three years of hell for the cadets were finally over. At evening the cadets stood infront of a stage, with the Instructors standing on top of it. Of the original cadets, only twohundred and eighteen graduated. Some with the chance to join the Military Police. So only the best were standing here.

"Do you have heart?!" The instructor yelled, looking down at the cadets

"Sir!" Every cadet salutated.

"As of now, you have three options open to you. So choose wisely!" He then explained each regiment. "The Garrision Regiment, whose job is to reinforce the walls. The Scout Regiment, who rides out into Titan territory, to take back what was once ours. And the MP Regiment, maintaining law and order under orders from his royal Majesty. Those Cadets eligible for the MP have already been named. The rest of you, take a look. These are the top cadets of your class." The instructor explained, looking at the ten cadets in the first row.

These cadets were as followed:

_______

10. (Y/n) Yeager

9. Sasha Braun

8. Connie Springer

7. Marco Bodt

6. Jean Kirschtein

5. Eren Yeager

4. Berthold Hoover

3. Reiner Braun

2. Annie Leonheart

1. Mikasa Ackermann

_______

Mikasa looked at Annie with a smug smile, to which annie stared back at her with a murderous look.

After that, the other instructors also said a few words to the cadets, with shadis verbally insulting them like usual, but still wishing them all the luck on their journey. Once they were finished the cadets could leave and do what they wanted, till they have to leave for trost tommorow.

*Timeskip*

Later that evening, the freshly graduated cadets sat in a tavern having a small party with alkohol and food. 

*Cling* 

Two mugs hit each other.

"Alright! MP, here I come!" Connie yelled out, sipping from his mug right after.

"Three meals a day, here I go!" Sasha also drank from hers.

Jean was sitting at a table, angrily sipping his drink and complaining how he was ranked under eren. (Y/n) and a few others sat with him, while talking to each other.

"So you're still joining the scouts? You barely managed to get into the top ten and you're throwing that chance away?" Annie, who sat across from him, asked with her usual cold look. But a hint of worry was seen in her eyes.

"To be honest, I'm also suprised that I got in the top ten. Really thought Krista would get the tenth spot, to be honest. Anyway, you know my goal was to join them from the start. And I know for a fact that a certain hotheaded brother of mine will join, so I will too. I promised his father that I would protect him and the other two, after all." (Y/n) explained and looked at Eren, who was currently talking with a pink haired girl with a small blush on his face.

"That's a noble goal you have there, (Y/n). Not many would voluntarily go outside the walls. You shouldn't try to talk people out of their dreams, Annie." Reiner said, starring at annie for a second when he called her out, unnoticed by the others. Berthold was just nodding in agreement with reiner, but secretly glared at (Y/n) for some reason.