When they arrived home, it was already dark. Teddy's ears perked up as it recognized the familiar house. Anxiously, it tried to jump down, startling Huo Junxian. She quickly reached out to hold Teddy, her expression still in shock as if she were about to cry. She solemnly warned, "Don't move around; otherwise, I'll be angry."

"Woof." Teddy obediently withdrew its legs.

Huo Junxian carried it out of the car, stepping on a thin layer of frost on the ground. The city had experienced rain mixed with snow last night, making the ground chilly.

Gu Siyu put on a down jacket and draped a black cotton jacket over Huo Junxian's shoulders.

The weather had suddenly turned cold when they entered this city. They had transitioned from spring to winter, experiencing two seasons on their journey.

Inside the house, Huo Junxian turned on the heating. Teddy, from her arms, hopped down and settled into its little nest, rubbing its chin against it, looking very lazy and comfortable.

Huo Junxian placed Teddy's usual play ball and its favorite bone toy beside it. Teddy grabbed the bone and pulled it under its chin. It didn't sleep and kept playing with its toys, scratching and pulling them in the box.

Both adults were tired, lying on the sofa and watching Teddy. Teddy, on the other hand, was busy rummaging through the box, full of energy. It even went to the kitchen near the refrigerator for a while. When Huo Junxian went to check on it, Teddy stopped playing.

"What do you want? I'll get it for you," Huo Junxian said.

But Teddy didn't listen; it walked into the living room.

Huo Junxian couldn't understand what it was doing. After thinking for a moment, she turned back to the sofa and asked Gu Siyu in confusion. Gu Siyu was equally puzzled, tilting her head as she watched.

Teddy walked around the living room, then returned to the kitchen to continue its activities. The two adults quietly observed the busy dog, unable to figure out what it was up to.

When it was getting late, and Huo Junxian was about to go to the kitchen to prepare food, Gu Siyu stood up first. "I'll do it."

"Hmm?" Huo Junxian looked at her in confusion.

"Stir-fried noodles or porridge, pick one," Gu Siyu said.

Huo Junxian expressed doubt.

"After all, I've been living alone for so long. I have the skill to cook for myself," Gu Siyu said. "Make a quick choice."

"I want both," Huo Junxian said.

"Okay." Gu Siyu rolled up her sleeves. She went into the kitchen to explore Huo Junxian's modern kitchen, unsure if she could handle it.

After fumbling around for a while, she grabbed a handful of green vegetables. After washing them, she searched the refrigerator for ingredients. Thinking of Teddy's recent actions, she secretly looked behind the refrigerator. Teddy immediately rushed over and barked at her.

"You're so fierce." Gu Siyu clicked her tongue at it, retracting her gaze. She took an egg out of the refrigerator.

Gu Siyu cooked while Teddy lay next to her, either watching her cook or guarding against her messing with the refrigerator.

After half an hour, the meal was ready – two dishes: stir-fried noodles and vegetable porridge.

The meal was simple, and the taste wasn't exceptional. While eating, Huo Junxian glanced at Gu Siyu, and after withdrawing her gaze, she didn't lift it again. Gu Siyu deliberately looked at her, smiled, and continued eating.