Chapter 5: Jaunedice

Hello everyone, I'm back with an update for this story. Now I might not update for a good bit after this, as I'm starting back up school. But I will try to update as best I can. As always, enjoy.

(The intro is still "Baptized and Buried")

Date: November 25 2022

Time: 12:00 PM

Location: Beacon cafeteria.

Normal POV

Lucas had hoped his little voyage went unnoticed by anyone else, but since this was a college town with a media as big as earth, well, the story of two Bullheads chasing a white truck down the streets of vale went viral in less than a week. Needless to say, Lucas was on edge the entire day, and his team as well as RWBY and JPNR didn't help soothe the nerves. Not to mention, he had a panic attack right after he got back into the dorm room from talking with Ozpin and Goodwitch. The leader of team LWKI is struggling internally.

Right now, teams LWKI, RWBY, and JPNR were in the cafeteria eating lunch together. Jaune had recently lost a battle between him and Cardin Winchester, the leader of CRDL, the infamous bully team of beacon. Even though Lucas had problems of his own, he quickly could tell that Jaune has been having problems with Cardin messing with him. But right now, all three teams were in a discussion over Roman's goons chasing Lucas. Unbeknownst to all of them, the driver was sitting at their very table.

"I wonder who this person is," Blake pondered, "I mean they're obviously skilled in driving to be pulling off moves like that."

"Hell, some of the things they can do, I can't do in bumblebee," Yang said while looking at her scroll, and giggled, "I like how they smoked out those goons, covering them in black dust."

"I will say using that black smoke to cover their retreat was a smart move," Ren replied, "shows they know the limits of the vehicle."

"But why that big, and noisy... thing," Weiss said slightly disgusted, "They were lucky that big behemoth was able to escape bullheads."

"Or... they're a really good driver and chose that vehicle for a reason," Ruby replied, "Plus it looked like they reinforced the front end like a battering ram, and it also has a winch, so maybe it's an offroader too."

"I honestly have never seen a truck like that before though," Krystal pondered, "It's a little... unusual."

"I'll say it does sound pretty damn good," Will complimented the GMC.

"What do you think, Lucas?" Izzy said to the distracted leader of team LWKI.

"Huh? What?" Lucas said, confused.

"Izzy asked what you thought of the viral video of that chase between a white vehicle and two bullheads throughout Vale," Pyrrah said.

"Something on your mind, man?" Will asked.

"Nah it's all good..." Lucas said while yawning, "Just didn't get enough sleep last night."

Then Pyrrah noticed Jaune who seemed a little down.

"Jaune? Are you okay?" the Invincible girl asked her secret crush.

"Huh?" Jaune was brought out of his daydreaming, "Oh yeah! Why?"

"It's just that you seem a little... not okay...," Ruby said awkwardly as she took notice of her friends staring at him.

"Eh, guys I'm fine..." Jaune tried to reassure them, "Seriously, look!"

He had a fake smile while laughing nervously. Then his attention was on Cardin and Sky Lark, two members of team CRDL mocking a faunus girl's rabbit ears.