Xavier x Maya's Twin! Reader | Protective

I'm sorry if it wasn't exactly what you had in mind but it took me a while to think of any ideas for this one

Requested by - IsabelaLopes836

Word Count - 766

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking my patrol route along the village merchants when I was stopped by Tiffany.

"Y/N! Good timing, I have a package for you!" She excitedly gave me a box and watched as I opened it. Inside was a beautiful bouquet of honeysuckles and lilies. They were my favorites.

"Who are they from?" I look at her confused but she just holds a finger up to her mouth and laughs with a smile. I smile at her and take the box, heading back for the King's Keep. I was the Honey Suckle Champion and have always had a love for flowers. I was first brought to the creek when my sister Maya became the king's BFF. He took a liking to me immediately and I never leave his side other than to patrol as Maya is almost always with him.

I walk up the stairs to the King's Keep as Maya stops me. She looks in the box I was holding.

"Flowers? Who are they from?" She puts her hand on her hip.

"Tiffany wouldn't tell me." I shrug. She sighs and walks past me. Weird. I walk over to a corner of the keep where the champions like to keep our personal belongings. We put them there so we didn't have to carry them while patrolling. I hear Keun Sup run beside me.

"Whatcha got there, Y/N?" 

"A gift." He looks at me confused but leaves suddenly. I turn and see King Xavier. He walks up to me. I bow.

"Get up, you'll get dirty if you bow every time I show up." I look at him confused. We always bow? Not Maya but the rest of us do. He sends me on a mission to the far off clearing, the one filled with Honey Suckles. It's one of my favorite places so I agree happily.

~ Time Skip ~

I was patrolling in the village again just for Tiffany to stop me.

"Y/N! I have another package!" She has a sing-songy tune to her. She hands me the box. There were more flowers but this time there was a note.

"My precious flower, Go to the Honey Suckle clearing right before dinner time."

Precious flower?

~ Flashback Xavier's POV ~

I have my hood over my head as I walk through the merchant booths with the box. I walk over to Tiffany and slide it onto her counter. She looks inside before nodding.

"Not a word to anyone. Unless you want to be demoted to Pal?" She frantically shakes her head.

I walk back into the King's Keep and I take off my hood.

"Where were you?" She's standing with her arms crossed.

"Ah! Maya! Uh... Just giving away candy! You know, I gotta keep the kids loyalty." I nervously laugh.

"With flowers? Yeah, I know it's from you." She narrows her eyes at me. "Hurt her, I hurt you." She walks away. I should throw her into the maze for even suggesting that.

~ End of Flashback  Y/N POV ~

"Can't you just tell me who it is from?" I try to beg with her.

"Nope! It's a secret." She puts her hand beside her mouth like she was whispering. I sigh as I walk away. Maya questions me when I get back again, I decided not to tell her about the note.

~ Time Skip ~

I was walking the path to the clearing when I started to smell the familiar scent of the flowers. I stop for a second, inhaling the scent. As the sun slowly is setting over the creek I walk into the clearing. I see the King causing me to tense up. I walk over to him.

"King Xavier?" He holds out a flower. "They were from you?"

"I didn't know how to tell you but everyone knows how much you love flowers. I was hoping that one day you would love me just as much as you do them. He tucks the flower in my hair. I hug him.

"Thank you." He tenses up before slowly hugging back tighter. As we hugged, I felt drops hit my skin. I look up. It had started raining. He grabs my hand before pulling me under a tree. He holds his coat above us. We talk for awhile as I lay my head on his shoulder. I watch as he smiles the first genuine smile I've ever seen him have. Suddenly we hear a rustling. I slowly stand up and walk towards it. I pull back a branch to look.

"Maya?!"